Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(2013 Highball) I put a side mount license bracket on recently, and also had to put a washer on to keep it from hitting the raised parts of the cutouts (the alignment bracket sits too far down in the cutout). Now, my axle nut doesn’t have leftover thread by the time it gets tight enough, and I’m just wondering if this should be ok to ride on? I don’t wanna over torque it just to feel comfortable with its depth on the tread. (See attached pictures) Should I put some medium strength loctite on it? Or should I never do that with something that controls the adjustment of a moving part?

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see what you mean. The plastic locknut part doesn't reach anymore.

It wouldn't hurt to use blue loctite IMHO. Be sure to clean it off very well every time though.
Thank you! I was gonna grab some blue and hope for the best. I’m not in very many situations in life where I’ve had to consider loctite for stuff like this, so I was super skeptical. You think I can relax a bit once I get some of that on there? I do a lot of freeway riding and don’t need that kind of drama lol

·
13,247 Posts
try hardware (not big box) store for thin nut. Yes they do make them. Even Fastenal or maybe fleet farm

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yah. What they said. But I feel the need to say that I do not like the fact that there is no part of the mounting bracket that holds the assembly in place. I would have a small tab welded to the thing once I got in where I wanted it.

The good news, the assembly as it is, is if the assembly is pointing at the ground you know your axle nut is loose.

Good luck with your project.

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
Yah. What they said. But I feel the need to say that I do not like the fact that there is no part of the mounting bracket that holds the assembly in place. I would have a small tab welded to the thing once I got in where I wanted it.

The good news, the assembly as it is, is if the assembly is pointing at the ground you know your axle nut is loose.

Good luck with your project.
Agree, you have number plate holders that have that big washer, so you do not need to double up under that nut....

What is so important about "that" license plate holder? Can't you just get one that fits in the Axel slot?

Andre using TaPaTaLk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts