Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, took my NXC to Indianapolis for my sister-in-laws fathers funeral Tuesday. 2 things really woke me up;
1. Even with 17 inch Cee Baileys shield my helmet was really getting beat up.
2. Need somehow to stretch out my legs forward.

So, while riding 75-80 I took my hand and placed 3 fingers at teh top of the shield and the buffeting all but stopped. Measured my fingers and they are about 3 inches tall stacked. So if I add 3 inches to the Cee Baileys height that puts me in a 20 inch shield for what Baileys suggests a 6'4' and taller and I am but 5'10". Any other short guys ahve this tall a shield?

For the legs, how do guys like the floorboard mounted pegs? Can short guys reach them OK?

Thanks for any help :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey C-S, your from my neck of the woods, lived most of my life in West Aurora before re-locating to rural IA 15 yrs ago.

As far as the hwy pegs, I just got some Kury Dually Offset pegs and attached them to the tubular bars. I am 6'1" With a 30" inseam and with these pegs set at there shortest setting, they are PEFFECT for me.

Just my 2 cents...HEY, you coming to IA in August for the Annual Victory Rally (AVR) :)

·
Registered
520 Posts
Your buffeting problem is coming from down under. Cee Bailey flectors and Kewlmetal winglets are your friend. This bike also likes a w/shield with a curve at the top, Gustafson Euroflip works very well.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The XCT has a 20" I think (Victory "tall" windshield). I'm 5'9" and have to look through it, but have zero buffeting on the highway when I (rarely) wear a helmet.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I am 5'10" also, with 32" inseam Have the floor board mounted pegs on my 11 XC. fit is great. I can reach them with no problem. I ride with my feet propped up on them and heels on the floor boards most of the time. read install notes carefully, as the board springs are "fun" to reassemble. Take good pics before disassembly!

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your buffeting problem is coming from down under. Cee Bailey flectors and Kewlmetal winglets are your friend. This bike also likes a w/shield with a curve at the top, Gustafson Euroflip works very well.
I have the CB flectors on it now, still get a hellacious buffet coming over the shield :confused:

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am 5'10" also, with 32" inseam Have the floor board mounted pegs on my 11 XC. fit is great. I can reach them with no problem. I ride with my feet propped up on them and heels on the floor boards most of the time. read install notes carefully, as the board springs are "fun" to reassemble. Take good pics before disassembly!
Thanks, I guess I'll give them a try thumb up

·
Registered
693 Posts
Have you ever just stretched your legs out to the forged bars? They're at a great angle for it and your heel can rest nicely on the of the floorboards. I'm 6'-2", but only have a 32" inseam.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Spike, please let me know if you would like to sell the 17" CeeBaileys, @ 5'6" it may work for me.
Thanks
I will keep the shorter CB for around town as it works well for me at the slower 60mph of the backroads here. I do have the KlockWerks flare shield if you're interested in that one?

·
Registered
269 Posts
pegs/windshield

So, took my NXC to Indianapolis for my sister-in-laws fathers funeral Tuesday. 2 things really woke me up;
1. Even with 17 inch Cee Baileys shield my helmet was really getting beat up.
2. Need somehow to stretch out my legs forward.

So, while riding 75-80 I took my hand and placed 3 fingers at teh top of the shield and the buffeting all but stopped. Measured my fingers and they are about 3 inches tall stacked. So if I add 3 inches to the Cee Baileys height that puts me in a 20 inch shield for what Baileys suggests a 6'4' and taller and I am but 5'10". Any other short guys ahve this tall a shield?

For the legs, how do guys like the floorboard mounted pegs? Can short guys reach them OK?

Thanks for any help :)
Spike,
My bike already had the gustafsson flip shield. I'm not sure how tall it is as I haven't measured it but I think its only around 10" tall at the opening in the center of the fairing. I'm short 5'6" and I look over it. the wind will hit the top of my full face helmet and its noticable slightly at interstate speed. I do not notice the same thing with my small helmet or with no helmet. The windshield looks great but if I were buying another one I would not get the very dark tint like mine has because its hard to see directly in front of you at night. the bike also has Victory lowers which I assume help.. they were also on the bike when I bought it so not sure.
My friend who has a vision gave me a set of floorboard mounts for pegs. I can put my feet on the pegs but my legs are perfectly straight with them. this is great to stretch my legs but can only stay in that position for a short period of time I can , however, keep my heals on the floorboards and put my toes on the pegs and this is very comfortable. You are taller so my thinking is they would be what the Dr. ordered. there is another option and that is to put the pegs on the inside of the crashbar. Someone makes an accessory that will allow this.. Maybe KewlMetal?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts