Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These Long Ride Shields look very interesting. They are made of Polycarbonate (my preference) and they have just been released. And best yet is that their normal $139 price tag is SLASHED 60% to bring the price down to ONLY $60.

But the problem is getting any "measurement" information or install information from them. I have the XCT and can't figure out if this is made just for the XR's or if it will fit the XCT.

http://www.longrideshields.com/

Take a gander...I think I'm gonna try one.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, but when I look at the bracket (their pictures aren't the greatest)...It looks like the 2 holed bracket and not the 3 holed bracket.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Shield is on inside of fairing - XCT is on outside! They only got for the XC.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Shield is on inside of fairing - XCT is on outside! They only got for the XC.
So take off the extra xct brackets and put the xc shield on it. That's what I did with my 7Jurock shield.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK...12" shield ordered. I'll let everyone know about it. I am more of a LOOK THROUGH the windshield person than a LOOK OVER. So I thought I would try this at 12" and try the LOOK OVER for a change.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Those are strange pics. Pretty sure they're photoshopped. The dark one appears to have been pasted from a bike that doesn't have the windshield support members of the Victory. The clear one looks like it doesn't even have bolts in it. One would have to assume the actual product is designed correctly, despite how they appear in the pictures. Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
I purchased a Long Ride Shield for my HD Switchback's batwing fairing, it didn't work as advertised or well as the windshield I had on so I ended up selling it.....

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have a 13" shield coming in. Ill also report back how I like it

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
I ordered a dark tint 8" for $75 shipped if I don't like it oh well!

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Dam ordered yesterday morning and got it today!
Looks great is shorter than the ness flip haven't rode yet but so far I'm happy.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
I just ordered an 11 inch V-curve shipped to my house for 72$. I just couldn't pass it up. I'll let you know when its installed and I've ridden behind it for a couple of days.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Looks like the price went back up unless I missed something.
Enter "LETITRIDE60" to get the discount.

It's really tempting but I don't like the fact it's not model specific for Victory. I don't want to do mods to make it work but, then again, I'm not crazy about looking through the windshield on the OEM shield. :confused:

·
Premium Member
13,730 Posts
Sometimes to get your feet wet you have to just jump right in!

This probably won't help but if I added up all the money I blew on bikes and what I lost along the way; I could buy another house. I have zero regrets though. Live and learn. :)

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I got mine in the other day and was going to put it on yesterday. I took my old shield off and was gonna put the LRS shield on...(you are instructed to fit it first with the protective plastic covering still on the shield first)...I did, and could NOT get mine to fit.

Now I did not take my fairing off which will be the ONLY way the shield I have will fit. It sure did NOT fit by just taking the old shield and bracket (touring model) off.

I was disappointed to be honest. Now, I'm not saying that the shield will not fit at all, but I didn't feel like taking my fairing off and it might fit that way (although I am skeptical).

Maybe others will have a different take or a better experience.

·
Registered
101 Posts
To arkie
You will probably have to take off the brackets made for the XCT tall shield and just use the regular brackets that is used for the XC.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts