Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So curious how comfortable is the Vegas Low for long rides.

We go on at least one long road trip every year, and sometimes we are pushing 1000-1200 miles in 2 days just to get where we want to go.

We will pound these miles off on the super slabs.

So how comfortable is the bike for this type of riding. Not worried about the engine I am sure it won't even blink at a run like that.

Brad

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
I can't speak specifically for the Low series bikes but those that have the other models do long distance riding. Here is what I would advise based off what others have done to make their bikes tourable (if thats a word). Either have the seat redone with a gel insert or buy one of the external gel or air pads. There is also the route with Corbin or Mustang.

·
Registered
48 Posts
You should be pretty good on a Vegas low, especially if you have a gel pad as diamondrmp suggested. Throw in a windshield, and maybe a set of highway pegs, and you'll be able to knock out 500+ mile days no problem. I did 6 days in a row last summer where the shortest day was 410 miles, and the longest was 525 on my JP with no windshield and the factory seat - I wouldn't say it was the most comfortable setup, but it worked for me.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
My long trips average about 500 - 600 miles per day on my Jackpot. Did all of that on the stock seat. Since I myself am having to stop about every 120 miles or so to refuel before the low fuel light comes on anyway....isn't to bad. BUT, if you have a passenger....aftermarket seat is the way to go in my book. I did a Corbin so my wife could last about as long as I do.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
I road from Northern California to Los Angeles, 444 miles one way on the gunfighter seat and had no problems.

Coming back was a different issue. I had to ride against a pretty good wind the whole 444 miles!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info

Bike we are looking at has a windshield and hard bags, so that Helps. She will not have a passenger as I ride a Yamaha Venture.

Brad

·
Registered
7 Posts
I rode my '03 Vegas on a week-long trip last summer. The longest day was about 10 hours. Had a sleeping bag strapped across my rear seat and it helped to sometimes be able to lean back on that. Other than that, I only wished for a wrist-rest for the throttle. My husband's cruise-control on his HD was the ONLY thing that made me envious of his bike. The Vegas is a nice ride & something tells me that if your bike's newer than '03 it'll be even better.

·
Registered
243 Posts
i find my vegas to be comfortable for the type of bike it is, not a vision , but i like the lines of the vegas, as with any bike you have to make it, ...... " yours " as far as comfort goes, so far ive added 5.5 " risers they get the stock bars up and back to me, pegs i put on kuryarkin retro pegs with stirrups, very good almost as good as floorboards, mini winshield, and soon a corbin seat, i put right at 500 miles this last weekend and was pleasently supprised in the comfort.

steve

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Steve thanks for the pictures, looks good.

Thanks for the answers. We typically go on a long trip yearly and the longest was to from Toronto, Yellow stone, Colorado and home, approx 7500 km in 12 days. A normal day ride is 400 miles.

Brad

1 - 9 of 9 Posts