Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Vibration. I know that you get more engine feel with hard mount engines, but geez!!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Noticed in that first pic that the support bracket under the swingarm joint is missing. Mine keeps breaking at the seam. Did you just toss it?
Yep. Just toss. Nobody knows why that bracket has a seam, but i had it welded back on and it broke off again.

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
I had a old school mechanic tell me long ago. The more you do to a stock engine, the more problems you will have with it. I have always went with stage one pipes until this 2011 XC. I do think that loud pipes save lives, cagers know your beside them. But it is a lot less nerve racking not listening to the roar of the exhaust on a long trip. I can hear my music much better cruising down the highway even with the constant ringing in my ears these days. LOL

·
Registered
247 Posts
"Engine feel" vs excessive vibration - Since Victorys are solid mounted, you're going to get more "Engine feel" than with a rubber mounted engine. This means the bike has to be perfectly tuned, or you get excessive vibration. Just had my 09 Jack dyno'd, but still have too much vibration, compared to my Harley and Suzuki . Mechanic says the balancer may be causing the problem.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Vibration. I know that you get more engine feel with hard mount engines, but geez!!
I am not sure how much vibration you have, but my 2004 Vegas with stage one exhaust runs smooth at cruse, The mirrors are soiled until I accelerate.

·
Premium Member
8,992 Posts
Id get rid of it if you dont like it,
itll turn into a money pit and be almost worthless in the end anyway.
Ride your nice smooth Harley instead.

Reactions: visionjohnny

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bad injectors, thats no suprise after this motorcycle is made for destroying miles, there are stands to check them out if their alright or not, and you can sometimes get them repaired for cheap. usually the needle at the end wares out

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Your the first I have ever heard complain about bad injectors.

·
Premium Member
6,230 Posts
Your the first I have ever heard complain about bad injectors.
Maybe that member has no worn injectors, but just want to "solve" the problem with optimism or opinion

Never heard of bad injectors also, I actually took them out of the bike last time and test benched them.... They were soooooo stuck in there... Grrrrrrr of course there was nothing wrong with them.. And back in they went again

Andre using TaPaTaLk

41 - 49 of 49 Posts