Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I've lusted after Victory's bikes for a few years now (Ever since seeing my first Kingpin back in Austin, Tx). I finally purchased my first bike this past April - a 2005 Suzuki M50- and in the proceeding three months I've put almost 7000 miles on it. I hope to trade up this coming winter/spring and get a bigger bike with more comfortable passenger accommodations and some much needed wind protection.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To answer the inevitable question: Yes I took (and passed) the MSF/CHP basic Rider's course prior to getting my M1 endorsement on my CA DL. Yes I also watched (and re-watched) the 'Ride like a pro' DVD. I currently commute to work via motorcycle (110 miles round trip) and I'm lusting after the Cross Roads classic, although my wife really likes the back seat of the Vision.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In case I failed to mention it, I'm in sunny So-Cal up in the high desert near Victorville. (I'm also padding my post count so I can add a signature).

·
Premium Member
13,618 Posts
Pad away mate. The post count thing was to keep all the spammers off the site. It was getting bad.

What age group are you in? A Vision is a nice ride but is really a purpose built bike for the long haul which it sounds like you do every day for work.

There are some great deals on used Vic's. In fact I bought my KP off a guy in your neighborhood. Haven't really done much to it because it runs so well the way it is.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I turned 48 a few weeks ago. My days of need for speed thrills are long past, but I do have a relevant need for some speed (75-80mph) and a sixth gear due to driving down & back up the cajon pass on a daily basis. A used Vic would be great, we'll just see what comes up when my window to buy rolls around.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Ride a cross bike. If I had one, I had 10 people tell me that over the weekend at a rally. I'm going to test one myself actually. Victory knocked it out of the park with their bagger bikes. They'll take on any road my high-ball can in spades, as will the vision. Incredible bikes. I'm very seriously considering one myself, as much as I love my high-ball.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They do look nice. I really like the look of the CR classic. I haven't tried one, but I've never seen the point in a radio on a bike. I know I can't hear the one in my Jeep for squat when the top is down.

·
Registered
579 Posts
In case I failed to mention it, I'm in sunny So-Cal up in the high desert near Victorville. (I'm also padding my post count so I can add a signature).
Welcome to the forum.
Glad to see some actually DO read rules about the initial posts. cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts