Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new member from maine, own a 05 and 08 kingpin. Just got the bikes out for the summer and the 08 has a rough idle and stumble that eventually goes away after about ten minutes. Gonna pull the tank and check the boots and hoses. Any other things to check? I have sprayed carb cleaner around the intake boots but can’t really tell how if it changes the idle. Thanks

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Welcome form the Pacific Northwet. Two KPs...that's unusual.
Re the rough running: Is the gas fresh? Are the sparkplugs old?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Two, well the 2008 is my wife’s, the gas is new, gonna try plugs tonight. Don’t think it is a fuel pump issue because it goes away after ten minutes or so. Might try spraying carb cleaner again a round the throttle body and icv hoses

·
13,180 Posts
put some seafoam in the fuel. read the can too much is not good. This will not help go to witchdoctor and get new plug wires. It the long run they will.
Dough you have air leak cause it doesn't go away. How old is the gas in the bike. Please do what I ask in red letters

Your #1 Source for US Made, Custom Victory & Indian Motorcycle Parts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
New plugs, fresh gas still having issues, got home and held it at 1000 rpms and sprayed brake cleaner under the tank around the intake bots and vacuum lines and the rpms increase every time I sprayed in there, guess I am pulling the tank

·
Registered
8 Posts
New plugs, fresh gas still having issues, got home and held it at 1000 rpms and sprayed brake cleaner under the tank around the intake bots and vacuum lines and the rpms increase every time I sprayed in there, guess I am pulling the tank
Just an fyi, I doubt that going through the combustion chamber is the same thing so you're probably safe, but! If you spray brake clean on a very hot surface, like exhaust pipes, and manage to breath the fumes, you will probably die, no ****. It only takes a tiny bit of the fumes to kill you.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts