Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulled my longest ride so far yesterday. 501 miles mapped out on google. 6 AM on the dot to 8:44 pm. Includes approx 3.5 hours in light to upper moderate rain. I actually had to pull over for 25 minutes due to the downpour and lightning crossing route 60 on my way home.

Richmond Va (Midlothian Area) to Salem Va to pick up Harley riding buddy. I won't mention he rode in shorts. boat shoes, and no gloves.. oh..

Ran across town (Salem/ Roanoke) to see his company's brand new building still under construction. 581 and Orange.

To rt 220 heading south- got out of the city and went to breakfast just shy of the BRP.

Jumped on the BRP, rode to Fancy Gap.

Dismounted the parkway- rt 52 (crossed over 58) and got on 221 north- back to Salem. << best part. Curvy and about 60 mph before you are risking tickets.

The last leg of it involves a road called "12 o clock knob" Freaking dangerous. About 1.5 lanes wide, bumpy as hell, and some asshat must have been towing a trailer of gravel, cause it seemed to be strategically dumped exactly where you do NOT want to see it in a few places. WHoo.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nice ride
Mrs and I did 475miles to Adelaide 2 months ago to visit friends and wineries for the weekend (970 total). A long way for the Mrs' bum she said, but I found the XCT pretty comfortable. The ride home felt longer of course, but we did a detour through the Grampians which was fun in the twisties.

We did 5100 miles in a month last July/August doing 10 states on our Sturgis 2014 tour, but I think the longest days were only 350miles. Easy when you're having fun!

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
360 miles on 6/28 up to Crawfordsville, IN for a funeral. Just had spinal fusion 6 weeks ago, so I think I did pretty good. thumb up

1 - 3 of 3 Posts