Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honda's now producing bikes with "earth stopping" power. Now who's got the best dyno chart, huh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2aEZgLssEc

With the lines of this thing, probaby better to paint it all black. Accentuating them with contrasting colors gives me a headache.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Transformer

Honda loves their plastic don't they? I was almost excited till I saw it. I thought it was going to unfold into a civic. :D

Just what they need, another power cruiser when they are seriously lacking with their mid size bikes. Hell of a motor but fire the design team. It looks like Suzuki's version of the naked Hyabusa (B-King) that was discontinued. :confused:

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
One word, Fugly!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
got that right. That six cylinder engine is just FUGLY. seems like they could do something with their design team. like bury them neck deep in the sand and let the executives practice their golf swing or something.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Well, being a Victory owner, I'm hesitant to cast stones against a bike that is obviously a far cry from conventional aesthetics. Isn't that what drew many of us to Vic to begin with?

But where Victory broke the mold with something like the Vision to build a radical new design that was also the pinnacle of function, Honda seems to want to just shock the crap out of us all.

I liked the original Valkyries (never had the opportunity to ride one, but I thought they were nice to look at), and I though the Rune was pretty sweet. This guy seems to be keeping with Honda's new trend started by the FB6, but I don't think Honda loyalists are going to care much for it and it certainly doesn't seem geared to crack the more traditional power-cruiser market. Altho "power-cruisers" seem to be in pretty short supply these days.

For my $17k, I'd still come back to Victory and get saddlebags and a windshield and cruise control, thanks.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Thanks for the link. I wasn't aware they were going to bring the Valkyrie back. Very nice. Honda builds some of the best bikes on the planet when it comes to performance and especially reliability. I don't think sales figures will be any better than the original incarnation though. In my opinion the same size bike in a Magna would do much better. I like the looks of the Valkyrie although they are not to my personal style but I'd sure like to have one for a day. I also looked at a few other videos. The classic looks of the CB1100 are going to give Triumph a poke in the back as well.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Huh, and i thought it was ugly in the video! damn the still pic is worse! Like the wanna be chopper they built a few years ago, this one looks like the back half was thought about, then , oh no we still have to build the front, and jammed it on there. To me by looking at it it needs to be longer from the seat forward, looks like it got smashed in like a pugs face.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the link. I wasn't aware they were going to bring the Valkyrie back.
Um yeah, kinda like Vic brought a 1941 Indian back. Only problem is, cept for the name, there really ain't much that hasn't changed...DRAMATICALLY.

Very nice.
If the looks of a plastic Rune turn your wheels then I guess so.

Honda builds some of the best bikes on the planet when it comes to performance and especially reliability.
I hope there's sumpin there an owner can take pride in...

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, being a Victory owner, I'm hesitant to cast stones against a bike that is obviously a far cry from conventional aesthetics. Isn't that what drew many of us to Vic to begin with?
An XR looks pretty damn conventional really. Take off the name badges and ask a non-riding or weekend warrior type what it is and I'll bet you get 10 out of 10 "it's a Harley" responses.

A Vision did bring some fresh styling to our pastime, but let's compare shall we:

The organic shapes of a well developed woman who bones you want to hop and hump on all day:

Randomly shaped puzzle pieces that happen to fit together.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I had a Valkyrie and loved it. But I think it was a classier looking bike than this new one.

I'm not a big fan of Honda's new look on the Gold Wing variants, with all that bulk and plastic in the engine area.

·
Registered
848 Posts
With a Traxxion suspension and some Avon Cobra tires I bet it will give your thumper Kingpin a real run for the money. If they did not screw up the front end geometry it should handle all that and a bag of chips....

Got to see it in the flesh.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Looks better now since took off those Mickey Mouse Ear Looking Mirrors on the previous model .. I have no doubt of it's power and reliability but not for me ..

·
Registered
248 Posts
Huh, and i thought it was ugly in the video! damn the still pic is worse! Like the wanna be chopper they built a few years ago, this one looks like the back half was thought about, then , oh no we still have to build the front, and jammed it on there. To me by looking at it it needs to be longer from the seat forward, looks like it got smashed in like a pugs face.

Whats the matter with Pugs? I love my Pug...must be why i like this bike...if all scooters looked the same, it wouldnt be much fun now would it...Lets see all the haters design a bike....see what you come up with...:p

1 - 20 of 54 Posts