Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greg here from Denver, Colorado. I've owned 2 Visions. First one was red, traded it in a year later (had reverse on it). Put about 20 thousand miles between the two of them. Had to sell. Sad day. Now looking at the Cross Country. SERIOUSLY interested in it. Comparing it to the new 2013 Goldwing F6B. Similar but don't know much about the Cross Country. Any thoughts, suggestions, advise on what this machine is all about. I know there is a "thread" regarding Cross Country, but the powers that be, "suggested" I hit this part of the forum first. So.......here I am!

Greg
Vietnam Veteran (DaNang AB)
Security police
1968-1972 - Air Force

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Greg here from Denver, Colorado. I've owned 2 Visions. First one was red, traded it in a year later (had reverse on it). Put about 20 thousand miles between the two of them. Had to sell. Sad day. Now looking at the Cross Country. SERIOUSLY interested in it. Comparing it to the new 2013 Goldwing F6B. Similar but don't know much about the Cross Country. Any thoughts, suggestions, advise on what this machine is all about. I know there is a "thread" regarding Cross Country, but the powers that be, "suggested" I hit this part of the forum first. So.......here I am!

Greg
Vietnam Veteran (DaNang AB)
Security police
1968-1972 - Air Force
Hey Greg, theres a million online comparisons between the wing and either the XC or the Vision... Very different bikes although the F6b looks kinda similar from a distance. The XC, in my opinion, rides similar to your Visions, but a bit lighter. Its a great handling twin with more traditional looks and way more storage than your last bikes. The F6B is the "cool" version of the GW, the biggest sport bike in the world. They're dependable, fast, handle well and lotsa folks love them. Being 6'4", i never seriously considered one as they cramp my leg room too much... Although I would consider one if I didn't own a Vic and only rode on short trips because they are quality rides...

The XC is a beautiful bike that has it all, looks, comfort, storage, speed (not Wing speed) but can out corner a Wing all day long. Plus, its a US product that actually sounds good with the right cans and mixes/plays well with the other American bikes...

Ride them both-their character is so different, it should be an easy decision either way...

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
13,043 Posts
Welcome Squeak and thank you for your service!

The choice is really a personal one that only you can make. As mentioned; ride them back to back as closely as you can and make your decision then.

This being a Victory forum; we are obviously going to say the Vic's rock but since you have already had a couple of them - you know that. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts