Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I posted this in the new members thread. Thought I might get a bit more feedback in this forum.

Cliffs:

2000 V92C SE - 10k miles - $3000.00
Original Tires - Will need to replace.
Looks to be in decent shape.

Stuff not in original thread.

Owner says no work has been done on Transmission, and he hasn't had a problem with it.

He also owns a 2006 Vegas Jackpot - Nice Bike.

Got some good feedback in the other forum maybe I can get a few more bits of wisdom here. I am kind of leaning towards getting it, $3K seems like a decent price for the Bike. Anyone?

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Welcome to the site Term and glad your lookin at the VICs...

Im going to vote pass. Heres why:

No tranny recall, Electrical upgrade, most likely has the Speedo milage blank out pending, and most importantly needs new tires. When was the battery last changed out? 75.00 average. I would think the only hard part you might have a headache with would be the fuel pump and I think those are around 250.00.

I am not for sure if those are tubed or not, I know the spoked are tubed obviously and that is going to eat up what he came down on. There is absolutely no way I would keep the tires so your looking at least 500-600 in that alone.

So my thoughts are your looking at least 3500 and maybe up to 4K to get her happily on the road. Heres a good lookin 2006 Vegas at 5500
http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2006-Victory-Vegas-8-Ball-105897664

Once you get into 2002, you have overcome many of the early model headaches, 2003 gives you the V92 and new tranny and you should be able to find a decent variety of bikes 2002-2005 in the mide $$5Ks with 20K mileage on them.

Im not going to knock anyone wanting a 2001 or earlier as there are some riders here that are doing great things with them. Im just saying for me, I would pass as winter is approaching and the fair weather riders are going to be putting their bikes up for winter or up for sale. Use the forums, keep the search on and I think you will find something pretty close to your price range that will have a much stronger powerplant and less investment to get it right. Just my 2 cents...

Keep us posted and good luck!

Tim

·
Registered
813 Posts
I posted this in the new members thread. Thought I might get a bit more feedback in this forum.

Cliffs:

2000 V92SE - 10k miles - $3000.00
Original Tires - Will need to replace.
Looks to be in decent shape.

Stuff not in original thread.

Owner says no work has been done on Transmission, and he hasn't had a problem with it.

He also owns a 2006 Vegas Jackpot - Nice Bike.

Got some good feedback in the other forum maybe I can get a few more bits of wisdom here. I am kind of leaning towards getting it, $3K seems like a decent price for the Bike. Anyone?
Some of them have mentioned good information, but I would not pass on it if you like it. make sure it starts and runs, ride it and see. There were for sure some transmission problems on some of these. I own a 99, and have had none of those problems. I think it depended on the original owners riding habits. Charging system, maybe a problem. It can be corrected. The other thing is you can buy it if you like the looks and if you have the problems install the newer v92 freedome motor. I plan to cash some stock out from my old place of work and buy me a 2003-2005 V92 motor and have it on hand if I need it. love the bike and plan to ride it for years to come. I would ask him to come down or ask him to install new battery and tires at least. Don't pass it up just cause some of the bike had problems. If that was a case No one would ever buy a Harley.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Some of them have mentioned good information, but I would not pass on it if you like it. make sure it starts and runs, ride it and see.
I had you in mind when I was making my post bro... hehehe Thats why I said I would pass but others may not.. You guys are doing great things with some of the pre Freedom rides and good on ya! Your right in if he likes it, bargin it... Those tires are a kicker for me... 2 E3's, tubes and 100 for mounting balance if he takes them in is a good chunk of change.. Bargain it in or part of it. Cash Talks!

Keep us posted Term!wac

·
Registered
813 Posts
I had you in mind when I was making my post bro... hehehe Thats why I said I would pass but others may not.. You guys are doing great things with some of the pre Freedom rides and good on ya! Your right in if he likes it, bargin it... Those tires are a kicker for me... 2 E3's, tubes and 100 for mounting balance if he takes them in is a good chunk of change.. Bargain it in or part of it. Cash Talks!

Keep us posted Term!wac
Figured you were. It like anything, got to work out the kinks on them!!

thumb up

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Keep us posted Term!wac
Well he was originally asking $3500 and came down to $3000 due to the tires. He has had it for sell for about a month now, so I can probably look around a bit before I have to decide.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I sent the guy an email telling him I would give him $2500, Not really thinking he would take it. He came back and said he would take $2750. I can't hardly pass that up.

·
Premium Member
13,306 Posts
That is a really good price and it does have low miles. At that price, even if you need a new motor sometime down the line; you won't be getting too beat up.

By the way; you can save a lot of money by buying your tires through motorcycle-superstore.com or other online retailer and either mount them yourself or have a shop do it for you. If the wheels have spokes; obviously you will need new tubes too.

I'd still go for the one with 250 miles but the downside to that one might be other issues like dried out bearings, gaskets, etc. At least this one has been ridden enough to prevent that kind of thing. At least it sounds like it. 10k miles means it still sat a lot over the last 12-13 years.

·
Premium Member
13,306 Posts
Just got to thinking... got a pic of the one you want to buy? It may not be the deal you think it is.

On that other SC with the 250 miles; you wouldn't believe what that seat cost brand new and it's the best seat you can buy for that bike. Seemingly little things like that can add up really quick. It may even have the trans recall done.

You ask for the forum's help. I'm just trying to see you get the best Vic you can for the money and your budget.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
For $2,750 if you don't buy it send me info and I will

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I sent the guy an email telling him I would give him $2500, Not really thinking he would take it. He came back and said he would take $2750. I can't hardly pass that up.
Ah, man... Your call but another 250 off??? I might have to take it.. Gets you on the road and you can pick up something newer next winter when the summer riders let their toys go... :D

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I am also thinking the V92 Freedom engine replacement if things go wrong.. Tranny goes, no problem... for what you got invested you can pick up a used V92 and do the mod... Bamm! Back on the road... Let us know...

Crap, now I will be thinking about this all day while I am away from the computer... lol... Good luck Term!thumb up

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Just got back in from Atlanta, picked up a Bike for my wife. Not a Victory, it's a Suzuki GZ 250. A friend of hers told that is the bike she learned on so she wanted one. It was cheap enough, so hopefully in a year or two I can get her on something bigger.

On the way back from getting the bike for my wife I looked at this one. Really nice, I think $6500 is a bit high. NADA says average Retail is around $5700. Searching on Craigslist and cycletrader, people are asking for basically the same bike any where from $5000 to $8000. I think he might negotiate. I may go the cheap option for now though, I don't know Decisions Decisions.

·
Premium Member
13,306 Posts
Just got back in from Atlanta, picked up a Bike for my wife. Not a Victory, it's a Suzuki GZ 250. A friend of hers told that is the bike she learned on so she wanted one. It was cheap enough, so hopefully in a year or two I can get her on something bigger.

On the way back from getting the bike for my wife I looked at this one. Really nice, I think $6500 is a bit high. NADA says average Retail is around $5700. Searching on Craigslist and cycletrader, people are asking for basically the same bike any where from $5000 to $8000. I think he might negotiate. I may go the cheap option for now though, I don't know Decisions Decisions.
I've ridden a butt load of bikes in my time but never one better than the Kingpin. If you knew me you would be thinking that says a lot.

Victory never recalled these bikes for the trans problem. 600 for tires?
WOW where do shop for tires!
Really? You might want to read this thread right here on this forum...

http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=1700

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Victory never recalled these bikes for the trans problem. 600 for tires?
WOW where do shop for tires!
That was adding labor if he rolled them in PLUS THE TUBES or had them done dan, not 600 for 2 tires. Front and back E3 right at 400 plus or minus shipping, plus your tubes and labor for rolling in.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts