Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have been riding a Vulcan 900 for the last couple of years. Got a wild hair and bobbed it out over the winter. I am looking at getting a tour style bike and the Cross Roads Classic is high on the list. Here is my question, how is this bike for short riders? I am 65" tall with a 30" inseam. My biggest concern is the shift and brake controls. Thanks.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
... I am 65" tall with a 30" inseam. My biggest concern is the shift and brake controls. Thanks.
The controls are adjustable. Usually at the dealer they have them on medium. Ask them to adjust them for you and take one for a spin.

·
Registered
12,216 Posts
I have a 29" inseam and I can flatfoot with legs still bent. Pushing backwards is a snap too. Ride one, that will answer any and all questions.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
I just went to a XR Classic from a 2010 Vulcan 900 in December.

I'm 5'9" 32 inseam. I've had not problem at all with stand still comfort

of my feet flat on the ground. I will say it took a little ( very little )

getting used to the extra weight of the bike. Now my son is riding

the Vulcan. He's assures me that getting the XR was a really good

idea! ( He rides a Triumph Legend )

Edit... The shifting and breaks were never a problem, but I did just move

the handlebars back 2 " I have yet to ride it yet with the change.

·
Registered
611 Posts
My girlfriend is 5'9" and picks up our classic like it's a moped. The seat height is very low so you won't have trouble getting your feet down and as was mentioned the controls have three positions available so pulling them back to the nearest one will probably work for you.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Im a little taller but also have 30" inseam. The foot controls will be fine, you will probably want to put some 2" pullback handlebars on so your not reaching too much. I also had my foot controls moved back to the closest setting at first. After riding a few thousand miles I moved them back to the middle.

You can usually pick up some Cross Country bars from a member that has upgraded their handlebars on the cheap. They will be 2/1/2" longer because the XC doesn't have pullback risers like the CR does.

If you ride one, check the air in the rear shock. Mine had 40 psi in it which is for a 400 pound load. (and also raises the height an inch or two) If your under 200 pounds, you don't need any air.

Thats one of the great things about these bikes......they are easily modded for shorter OR taller riders.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts