Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want some adjustability in the rear of my XC, but don't have the cash to pony up for an air ride. I was pondering the e-bay adjustable, but always heard mixed reviews on this type of link from back in my Warrior days. Who has one on their XC and how has it been holding up?

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
I want some adjustability in the rear of my XC, but don't have the cash to pony up for an air ride. I was pondering the e-bay adjustable, but always heard mixed reviews on this type of link from back in my Warrior days. Who has one on their XC and how has it been holding up?

I have one on mine and haven't had any issues. Only had it for a couple of months but I ride 2 up all the time. Mine is dropped right at 2" now. When my girlfriend rides I just add about 35 psi ( I'm 200 lbs she's 110 lbs ) to the air shocks and its very comfortable.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
I have not had any problem with the link I raised mine to 1.5 because I keep dragging the tips of my pipes on uneven turns. But I like the bike lowered it handles better in my opinion. cheers

·
Registered
352 Posts
I have one on mine and haven't had any issues. Only had it for a couple of months but I ride 2 up all the time. Mine is dropped right at 2" now. When my girlfriend rides I just add about 35 psi ( I'm 200 lbs she's 110 lbs ) to the air shocks and its very comfortable.
What do you keep the shock at when solo?(psi)

·
Premium Member
234 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
ZERO PSI, I let all the air out.
Really...
I'm lowered about 1 1/2" and I'm experimenting with the shock pressure. I'm currently at 10 psi(solo)
I will try it at zero.
I have'nt rode 2 up,yet..I'm trying to get comfortable solo before taking the wife for a ride...when I'm ready I will use 35 psi as a starting point.
The bike is new to me.
Thanks for the info.

And so far I have not had any problems with my adj. lowering link..
But, I only put about 300 miles on her so far

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
I don't have a lowering link on my CCT and aren't ever planning to install one. I have no dog in this fight. But from reading the forums, the Witchdoctors lowering link seems to cure the breaking issues posted on another brand lowering link.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Have not broken mine!!wac

·
13,002 Posts
On my vision I run 40 psi in the shock. I have bottomed out on some rail road tracks. I have 4" ground clearance from bottom of motor to ground. Bike rides great and now and then scrap the floor boards but its no big deal.
I started out with ten pounds and just keep adding till no more bottoming out.

·
13,002 Posts
I have not had any problem with the link I raised mine to 1.5 because I keep dragging the tips of my pipes on uneven turns. But I like the bike lowered it handles better in my opinion. cheers
What do you mean by uneven turns. Are you taking the turns to sharp? Never heard of one of your style of bikes scraping tail pipes before

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
with my xc down 2" and 20 psi in the shock my tire will rub in my rear frame, at the tail of the frame, ive had mine in for about 2500 miles so far no issues, some two up, mostly solo.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
297 Posts
What do you mean by uneven turns. Are you taking the turns to sharp? Never heard of one of your style of bikes scraping tail pipes before
A negative cambered turn. For example, turning tightly, uphill and because of the decreased clearance, you drag a pipe or bag guard.

·
Registered
790 Posts
A negative cambered turn. For example, turning tightly, uphill and because of the decreased clearance, you drag a pipe or bag guard.
Exactly. When I had the 2" drop, I had to bend my Heat shields tighter to the muffler near the tips. Also had to keep to much air in the shock to stop bottoming out. If flat lands, not so much an issue.

Some dealers won't install adjustable anymore due to breakage. Not saying all are bad, just saying it creates a weaker point on the link.

I will never run below 1.5" again.

Do a search, many write ups on lowering, type of links, and which manufacturer to stay away from.

·
13,002 Posts
never run your shock with ZERO air in it.
There made to have air in them even if its only ten pounds.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have the adjustable one from ebay...never had any problems, they are built really well and easy to adjust...
I took it off, only because i didn't use it like i thought...i dont go to bike nights anymore and i very seldom just ride it around town...(i have other bikes form that) I have gotten into riding very hard through lots of twisties and lots of long rides...So i was never lowering it...I figured i could use the money more that i used the link...
I took it off about a month ago...still in pretty good shape..
I was going to put it up for sale here before e-bay...but if you want it ....I even have 2 small wrenches that fit the turn buckle and the locking nut that i will throw in.........I was thinking $100.00 shipped

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have the adjustable one from ebay...never had any problems, they are built really well and easy to adjust...
I took it off, only because i didn't use it like i thought...i dont go to bike nights anymore and i very seldom just ride it around town...(i have other bikes form that) I have gotten into riding very hard through lots of twisties and lots of long rides...So i was never lowering it...I figured i could use the money more that i used the link...
I took it off about a month ago...still in pretty good shape..
I was going to put it up for sale here before e-bay...but if you want it ....I even have 2 small wrenches that fit the turn buckle and the locking nut that i will throw in.........I was thinking $100.00 shipped
I'm interested. PM Sent

1 - 19 of 19 Posts