Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm new to twin-cam bikes I have a 2014 Victory XC with Tri-ovals, Vic AF & Calibration, I'm looking to add the following items from Lloydz: ATS, HI-FLOW AIR FILTER & PCV what kinda HP numbers will this bring to what I already have done? I know the Cam work will bring in the best gains, but I don't want to loss my warranty.

Thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
Mine put out 100 HP and 119 TQ with that configuration. Bike ran well and I averaged between 40-42 mpg. ImageUploadedByMO Free1403667024.310323.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WOW! that's a nice increase Ninja, is that consider a happy Dyno ? I'm looking at the hp & TQ increase and by far you have the must gains I've seen, I saw 122hp or something like that I think it was on a Vision. Thanks, now I hope others reply with a setup like mines to get a good avg.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I started without the stage 1, just had slip ons and high flow filter with the o2s unplugged. last weekend I added lloydz filter, timing wheel, pcv with auto tune and the 1/4 turn throttle spacer. I didn't have it dynod before or after.

HUGE improvement is an understatement! I no longer NEED cams, thing is a rocket! yes ill still get cams anyway

·
13,247 Posts
I'm new to twin-cam bikes I have a 2014 Victory XC with Tri-ovals, Vic AF & Calibration, I'm looking to add the following items from Lloydz: ATS, HI-FLOW AIR FILTER & PCV what kinda HP numbers will this bring to what I already have done? I know the Cam work will bring in the best gains, but I don't want to loss my warranty.

Thanks
With adding the above parts you'll jump up to around 95 horse at the rear wheel.
Keep in mind you'll not feel much power till you get about 1500 miles on the bike. Then when you get up to 2000 miles you'll pretty much feel all the power that the bike has.
Doing the PCV you'll want to get in dynoed to have it work properly. It really works its best when you add cams

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
You can expect a 5 to 8hp bump but more so a good running bike. The PCV with a DYNOTUNE is a great move. No overly lean and no overly rich. Just right. The timing wheel will give you better response at the throttle. The cams you choose (in the future) will be the best power adder but keep in mind there will be another DYNOTUNE needed and at that time you could set the PCV's rev extender for 500rpm more.

I did cams last year and I am still under my extended warranty. As mild as the cams are I don't think there will be any issue with my motor. Now that it runs like it should I have less concern if any at all about using my warranty. Kyle At KMC is my go to guy and he is confident of not only his services but in the Vic power train. He can fix any issues that may arise and honestly with the integrity lately spoken of with dealerships, I would rather pay him then let a head scratching un trained mechanic touch my ride. I'm to that point with the work done to my bike that I pay to play.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I added cams, Hi Flow air filter, timing wheel, and PCV last Thursday and went from 82hp to 113hp. I can't comment on how the bikes motor" came to life" when I got 2000 miles on it as I bought the bike used with 3000 miles on it. But I can say after the add ons the bike is more responsive and runs very smooth. You will be very happy. A dyno after will make sure your running at optimal performance.

·
Registered
76 Posts
WOW! that's a nice increase Ninja, is that consider a happy Dyno ? I'm looking at the hp & TQ increase and by far you have the must gains I've seen, I saw 122hp or something like that I think it was on a Vision. Thanks, now I hope others reply with a setup like mines to get a good avg.
The blue lines on my dyno was exactly your setup, only I have the Autotune. The red line is after adding Lloydz' touring cams.

I lost some torque below 2500 rpm but the bike revs all the way to redline after the cams were installed. I was happy with the setup before but what the hey, more power!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a stock XCT. I want to add the Lloydz ATS for sure. I've been told you really don't need a PCV because it only helps at higher rpms and the stock bike runs fine for me at 2500+ rpm. It's low end I'm looking for and less chugging at 2000 rpm. I'm also considering replacing the exhaust. Should I take the easy way out and get the Vic Tri-ovals, air filter and EFI remap from the dealer, or get the Hi-flow air filter from Lloydz and a different set of pipes (D&D, Bassini, Thundercone, V&H)? All the dyno maps I've seen really show the 2500+ rpm jumps, but I'm not sure which setup would have the biggest difference in that 1500-2500 rpm range.

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
Anything you mentioned will help the lower RPMs. Keep in mind, these bikes are happiest at 2000 or higher. They don't really like to run lower than that. I added a fuel controller and the timing wheel and that made a huge difference in the 1800-and-up area. Lots of folks who have the tri-ovals are very happy with them, but some want more.

The best bet would be to get a set of good pipes, a PCV5 and a good dyne tune. The Stage 1 isn't bad if you plan on doing no other mods, but there are better choices out there depending on what you are looking for.

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
I have a stock XCT. I want to add the Lloydz ATS for sure. I've been told you really don't need a PCV because it only helps at higher rpms and the stock bike runs fine for me at 2500+ rpm. It's low end I'm looking for and less chugging at 2000 rpm. I'm also considering replacing the exhaust. Should I take the easy way out and get the Vic Tri-ovals, air filter and EFI remap from the dealer, or get the Hi-flow air filter from Lloydz and a different set of pipes (D&D, Bassini, Thundercone, V&H)? All the dyno maps I've seen really show the 2500+ rpm jumps, but I'm not sure which setup would have the biggest difference in that 1500-2500 rpm range.

The timing on the PCV is the only thing that only works in "higher rpms" and that starts at 2500. That's where the timing wheel is a nice, it works across the entire rpm range.

Less chugging can be alleviated with the timing wheel and using the PCV to make actual accurate fueling adjustments, a dealer EFI remap won't help much at all.

The dyno charts start at about 2000-2500 because they are done at a higher gear, fourth or fifth usually, and high gears and super low rpms don't mix well. People only post the max power runs on forums when in reality a good tuner tunes all the way though the rpm range in each gear, that is why the bike runs so much better all over not just at full throttle.

For the cost of the dealer stage onel look at the Vic Shop's comparable stage one. It includes air filter, pipes, timing wheel, and PCV. Calling, emailing, or messaging him on Facebook all usually work when you need to get some info or order parts. If I can find it I'll attach the comparison dyno chart.

FYI - Rylan's dyno is not known tomb a happy dyno.

Attachments

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The blue lines on my dyno was exactly your setup, only I have the Autotune. The red line is after adding Lloydz' touring cams.

I lost some torque below 2500 rpm but the bike revs all the way to redline after the cams were installed. I was happy with the setup before but what the hey, more power!
Ninja I see in your signature you have a POWER COMMANDER Autotune? did you have this before you dyno'd? I'm looking at this opt because I have not found a Victory tuner here in N. AL our in AL at all. so If I just add pcv, Llodz A/F & timing wheel I'll be able to due without Dynotuning? Is this logical? Anyone can chime in.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
auto tune does not replace a dyno tune, dyno is still best, but with auto tune you can tune to the af mix you want for your bike snd it works to hold it there, but remember, if you have a crap map, thats what the auto tune will tune to, so you still need to have a good starting point.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ninja I see in your signature you have a POWER COMMANDER Autotune? did you have this before you dyno'd? I'm looking at this opt because I have not found a Victory tuner here in N. AL our in AL at all. so If I just add pcv, Llodz A/F & timing wheel I'll be able to due without Dynotuning? Is this logical? Anyone can chime in.

Yes, I had the Autotune before the dyno and cams install. I was very pleased with its performance. It did its job allowing me to fine tune the targeted AFR. I had accepted the trim settings about once a month. I had the Autotune turned off after the dyno but have since decided to turn it back on. The reason being, the day I had the dyno done was very humid and I ended up with a rather rich tune. Back in Dallas, I have too much exhaust back firing for my taste. That said, the dyno gave me a very good baseline from which to fine tune with the Autotune.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts