Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday I was casually ripping around on a 4 lane road. Hardly any traffic, in the left lane. Some asshat is sitting at a small street waiting to jump out, cross 2 lanes and turn left to head in the other direction. Ever been riding and you get that Spidey sense that some jagoff is about to do something stupid? I got closer, there really was no traffic. No reason this turd could not have waited another 3 seconds, there was no one behind me of coming from the other direction.

But he did it. Pulled right out in front of me! I had to slam the brakes, hitting the horn and swerve hard right then left to get around this assholes minivan.

I got close enough to look right in his face and cuss the piss outta him as I was sliding to the right. This piece of **** had headphones on! I came within seconds of slamming right into the side his van, man was I pissed! There is a big median in the road so the next place to turn around was a block away at a light, otherwise I might have spun back, chased him down and kicked the piss out of the side of his his van.

The point is..people here either have loud music going or headsets for some freakin reason. Or the dumbasses are finger [email protected] a cell phone.

I need something louder to wake these idiots up. I like the idea of an air horn but no idea where it could mount on a Pin without sticking out like the ears on Prince Charles.

So, anyone know of a very loud car horn that will fit where the stock beeper is? I have crows in the area louder than this thing.

Or is there a smaller platform air horn that be hidden on a steel frame that's not too obvious? Something that is loud enough to get through headsets or or a loud stereo or wake some buffoon trying to post the latest selfie on facebook.

I've seen some that have been installed but really stick out like a sore thumb. And they can be hidden better on a Touring bike, not so much a steel frame. Any pics would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I switched to a Wolo low-tone disk horn which is much better than stock but probably not what your looking for. You might want to step up to the Bad Boy. You have to check into fitment:
Audible & Visual Safety Signals | Audible Signal - Vehicular | Wolo 419 Bad Boy | B353308 - GlobalIndustrial.com

Model 419 Bad Boy? 12-Volt 123.5 Decibels 530 / 680 Hz - Air Horn - Motorcycle Horns - Horns
The first horn doesn't give an decibel specs, just says 2x louder than stock.That Bad boy looks like a smaller platform. Need to see where I could mount it. Doesn't have fitment specs so I would need to see where I could replace the stock horn or mount it. Thanks.

·
Registered
267 Posts

·
Registered
12,246 Posts
I don't know if your bike has the space for these anywhere, but I installed a pair of car horns on my XR - thanks Mags. Whenever I use them, cagers look around for another car. Funny. I mounted them to the inside tops of the crash bar using PIAA type clamps.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,146 Posts
No words needed, 2 WoLo, but maybe this gives you an new idea, also on the left side where the key relocation supposed to go.... There fit one too?

https://youtu.be/b6ME9MimUH0

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
8,836 Posts
No words needed, 2 WoLo, but maybe this gives you an new idea, also on the left side where the key relocation supposed to go.... There fit one too?

Andre using TaPaTaLk
Yeah. I got the cheapo $23 copy of the badboy mounted down low like BP6666VR has done.
Nice n loud sounds like an 18 wheeler up thier arse!

·
Premium Member
6,146 Posts
Yeah. I got the cheapo $23 copy of the badboy mounted down low like BP6666VR has done.
Nice n loud sounds like an 18 wheeler up thier arse!
I tried to zoom into your pictures on the other post to see the horn, but i couldn't see it mounted ,

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
13,299 Posts
I've got the Flamm low note freeway blaster (no relay) on my XC which is fine but like others have said; there are other choices depending on how much you want to spend. They are available at most auto parts stores.

This newish style horn just caught my eye. I don't know if it's something people here would want to try but just to know about them is cool I guess.
Blue Super Loud Single Electric Blast Tone

Click on pic above to go to Amazon.
They come in a single large size or dual small size in all kinds of color combinations. Simply do an image search to see them all.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Andre using TaPaTaLk
Looks like you have it mounted across the frame in front. Did you find that mount somewhere or did it come with the horn? That thing is LOUD! lol

·
Registered
4,077 Posts

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Okay.... I know my last post probably left a burning question in all of your minds .... :nerd so, I dug deep to find an answer

How do ants "hear"?
Ants don't have ears. Ants "hear" by feeling vibrations in the ground through their feet.

·
Registered
12,246 Posts
Then those train horns in post #13 make flying ants out of one that don't even have wings. :)

·
Registered
2,263 Posts

Andre using TaPaTaLk
Do they hold up OK in the rain mounted there? You do get a lot of rain there don't you?

·
Premium Member
6,146 Posts
Do they hold up OK in the rain mounted there? You do get a lot of rain there don't you?
Yes there is a lot of rain and after 3 years both horns still work, about every 12 months or so I spray some penetration oil into them,

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Yes there is a lot of rain and after 3 years both horns still work, about every 12 months or so I spray some penetration oil into them,

Andre using TaPaTaLk
I am also looking for an actual horn for our bikes. The sidecar has a pair of air horns with a compressor but that takes up quite a bit or room. They work wonderfully though and I miss them on the Vic. The oil doesn't damage the horn itself. That's good to hear.

·
Premium Member
8,836 Posts
Mine is in a similar position and survives all weather.
Ive painted it flat black so as to become invisible on ghe bike.
Simple angle of steel of sufficient thickness not to crack like the prototype did.
Coming off the left side lower oil cooler bolt.
Earthed to mounting bolt and powered off the relay that came with fhe horn.
Great LOUD cheap air horn , fit em to everything i drive now.
Love using it on txters:devil
They think theyre about to get squashed by an 18 wheeler!

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Mine is in a similar position and survives all weather.
Ive painted it flat black so as to become invisible on ghe bike.
Simple angle of steel of sufficient thickness not to crack like the prototype did.
Coming off the left side lower oil cooler bolt.
Earthed to mounting bolt and powered off the relay that came with fhe horn.
Great LOUD cheap air horn , fit em to everything i drive now.
Love using it on txters:devil
They think theyre about to get squashed by an 18 wheeler!
Sounds like what I need.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts