Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 TC and I would like to change pipes. Is there anything out there that would work other than the stage one's? Also any recommendations for a fairing? I also want to get a right side cheese wedge but they are only sold in pairs. Where would someone recommend looking for a cheese wedge?

Hope to post pictures soon.

Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
You can change mufflers, but whole pipes are not really an option with the bag mounts. Check D&D for some nice looking, and good soun ding mufflers.

For a fairing look for a 68-84 HD fairing with brackets for a cheap solution. You can use the original HD top mount holr, and drill the hole for the lower bolt. Fits like it was made for it. If you want to spend more then you need to check out G&G out of Chicago[?] for complete stereo caddy type fairings.

Cheese wedge you are gonna need to create a mount first to have it on the right side

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Kevin for the suggestions. I had not seen the sight on the mufflers and those do look great. Will be adding those soon.

As for the fairing, I am seaching the internet now for an old HD fairing. Might be hard to find. Have found several others that are suppose to fit the TC so those may be the option.

I am ok with making a bracket for the cheese wedge, but have to locate on first I guess.

Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
Thanks Kevin for the suggestions. I had not seen the sight on the mufflers and those do look great. Will be adding those soon.

As for the fairing, I am seaching the internet now for an old HD fairing. Might be hard to find. Have found several others that are suppose to fit the TC so those may be the option.

I am ok with making a bracket for the cheese wedge, but have to locate on first I guess.

Thanks for your help.
Cheese wedge without custom bracket...New or used?
I have both.
Keep in mind...new wedges don't come with mounting clips and badge to cover round hole.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've got a 2002 TC, but when I go to that D&D site they show the wrong bike and don't offer pricing. I'm a total newbie, but does D&D really offer slip ons for my bike ? It's a really weird exhaust (the handle near the hard bags) but I'm hoping to find SOMETHING to make the bike sound like a bike and less like a sewing machine..... any help is appreciated!

http://www.danddexhaust.com/catalog/2005/07/43512t.htm

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I contacted D&D and the exhaust system is $445.00. I also questions the hard saddle bag lower mount and they were unsure of what I was talking about. The picture makes it look like it is a pipe mounted to your pipe versus a cover like the TC uses over the exhaust. I have not made a purchase for the very same reason. Not sure it you would have to make a lower mount somehow or not. They do make a great sounding exhaust system. Not sure if this helps any. I am still working with them and will let you know what I find out next week.

·
Registered
54 Posts
BeachBum: Wow.... ya' know it was in the back of my head that this might not be as easy as installing some slip ons, but man $500 ? I wonder if that means doing the work myself will also no longer be possible as well....

Anyway, assuming there aren't any differences between the 2004 and 2002 sounds like we're in the same boat. If you could let me know what you find out that would be amazing. Based on your process I may or may not wait until next season... Thanks!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
KevinX would probably be able to tell you more than I could as to the difficulty in installing the D&D muffler system. I know you have two other mods that need to be done at the same time.

No difference really between the 02 and 04 with regards to the exhaust. Will keep you up to speed on what I find out.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
The grab handle from the stock Vic pipes are not used with the D&D set up. Also remember that when going to these or any Stage1 type pipe. You will need to remap the bike. Cost of the map is close to $150 plus labor.

While you would still need map the bike; you can make more noise for just a little elbow grease.
First take a rod and ram it down the center of the pipe to knock the deflector plate out of the way. Next drill six 1/2" holes in the end plate of the muffler. Pipes will sound good and performance is on par with the S1 from Vic

·
Registered
54 Posts
The grab handle from the stock Vic pipes are not used with the D&D set up.
Any idea what the heck that grab handle is for ? Seems like structure for the hard bags, but then it doesn't really even contact them....

Also remember that when going to these or any Stage1 type pipe. You will need to remap the bike. Cost of the map is close to $150 plus labor.
The only upgrade to the V92 TC Deluxe is a set of pipes that D&D makes ? There are no other options ? I've heard the term several times, but wasn't sure the difference between a "stage1" and just some simple "slip ons" Do you have a minute to shed some light on that for me ? Slip ons wouldn't require a dyno, but this stage 1 would ? It's hard for me to understand without the differences I guess...

you can make more noise for just a little elbow grease.
First take a rod and ram it down the center of the pipe to knock the deflector plate out of the way. Next drill six 1/2" holes in the end plate of the muffler. Pipes will sound good and performance is on par with the S1 from Vic
Do you have any pics or any link to doing something like this ? I'd be way too scared I'd mess up the bike doing it myself without some type of how-to.

Anyway, thanks for offering your insight! Very helpful... I've been searching the net on my own for months and finally found the place to discuss Victory!

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
The grab handles are not part of the structure. They are styalized bag gaurds. Only problem is that any time I have seen a TC dropped; the gaurds have caused the damage instead of protecting them.

S1 is simply refering to a kit with more open pipes, a K&N filter, a vented cover, and a map to load into the ECM. Weather you find a set of Vic slip ons, use the D&D, or mod your stock pipes. Vics map will work just fine for a nice simple life. No need to dyno it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
thanks for the handle info, good to know!
I'm still trying to understand the options to make the bike sound better. The stage1 you speak of - where would I find something like that ? Same goes for the D&D slip ons ? I've been to D&D's website and didn't see anything that matched my exact bike....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
AnnArbor,

Here are the pipes you want from D&D. http://www.danddexhaust.com/catalog/2006/06/45812t.htm. Those are the ones that fit our bikes. They have a video for them.

Kevenx... When I took off my saddle bags the grab handles were actually mounted to the bags on the bottom and to the exhaust system chrome cover which is also strapped in place. It seemed to me that they were able to hold the bags in place on the bottom side as well as the two bolts on the top side. That was my only concern. With that said, I am technically challenged...lol.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
AnnArbor,

Here are the pipes you want from D&D. http://www.danddexhaust.com/catalog/2006/06/45812t.htm. Those are the ones that fit our bikes. They have a video for them.

Kevenx... When I took off my saddle bags the grab handles were actually mounted to the bags on the bottom and to the exhaust system chrome cover which is also strapped in place. It seemed to me that they were able to hold the bags in place on the bottom side as well as the two bolts on the top side. That was my only concern. With that said, I am technically challenged...lol.
Look again. The tabs the bags mount to are NOT the chrome handles. They are seperate....I promise*LOL*

·
Registered
54 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.