Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks - have a new to me 2011 Ness XC that has a bad stone chip on the front fender, trying to source the paint codes or Polaris part numbers for the two reds (red metal flake and the cranberry color). Paint shop said a couple touch up bottles will be enough to blow in the chip and re-clear coat the fender. Nearest Vic dealer appears to be having difficulties getting the codes/part numbers. Don't want to have them order the best guess and end up stuck with the wrong paint.

Appreciate any help someone might be able to provide.

Thanks
Dez

·
13,262 Posts
Sorry
The only way your going to get any kind of paint is the dealer. Many guys including my self have tried to have our paint analyzed to know avail. There are no car colors that match. Even the custom auto painters can't come up with a dead on match.
I would sagest buying a quart from your dealer then have a custom paint shop do there best.
Polaris/Victory has custom paint made up by a place in Minnesota and they do not give out any information or help.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
reference

I don't know the descriptions but the touch-up pen (Sunset) is...
Victory part #: 2859080-520

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2859080-520 (Sunset) do you know if that is the brighter red? As I need both Reds for 2 different chips. Thanks for replying.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
2859080-520 (Sunset) do you know if that is the brighter red? As I need both Reds for 2 different chips. Thanks for replying.
yes, this is for the "brighter" red. I needed it for the bottom edge of one of my saddlebags when I "sat it down gently" after I stopped due to a gravel parking lot. I didn't slide on the gravel until AFTER I had stopped while trying to put down the kickstand. So, that will give you an idea of where I used it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Sorry
The only way your going to get any kind of paint is the dealer. Many guys including my self have tried to have our paint analyzed to know avail. There are no car colors that match. Even the custom auto painters can't come up with a dead on match.
I would sagest buying a quart from your dealer then have a custom paint shop do there best.
Polaris/Victory has custom paint made up by a place in Minnesota and they do not give out any information or help.
VisionJohnny, I don't know what body shop you went to to have your paint color matched, but I took mine to the body shop that I deal with and he was able to match my color perfectly, and yes, it was a car color.
Mike

·
Registered
368 Posts
I have a 2011 CC and I purchased two touch up bottles of paint for my bike from dealer. The paint codes order #'s are listed in the service manual.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts