Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

So about 5-6 months ago I bought a 2017 Cross Country Tour with a lock and ride driver seat backrest. Love the bike, dare I say even more then my jackpot? The shop only had the backrest in stock but not the mount so they ordered it from Victory. And the waiting game began. Every week Victory would say it was shipping with an estimated arrival date and every week they'd push it back. So for the last 4-5 months I've been cruising with the backrest jury-rigged on he seat waiting for the mount to come in.

Well, lo and behold the shop calls me and tells me that Victory called them and told them they were discontinuing the part all together and that I was basically S.O.L.

So, I've been looking for a replacement because the shop can't find one. All the ones I've found are package deals with the actual backrest.

So if any one has a line on where I can get just the mount or someone that can machine one for a decent price let me know please. Thanks in advance.

Part# 2877787

·
Premium Member
13,285 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ginz Choppers (they make sissy bars, mounts, and pads) would be another option but far more expensive than the Mutazu one from ebay. Here is a link to the mounts but they are for their sissy bars.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mutazu-Detachable-Passenger-Backrest-Sissy-Bar-For-Victory-Cross-Country-Road-/252195010719

It might also help if you post a picture of what you have so we can visualize what you need to finish it. I tried to look up the part number but no joy.
Are you talking about these things?

This might be another option especially if they will let you return what you already bought.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mutazu-Detachable-Passenger-Backrest-Sissy-Bar-For-Victory-Cross-Country-Road-/252195010719
Gents I appreciate the help. However, I'm talking about the Driver Backrest, not the passenger. In order for the backrest to stay in place and "lock" you have to remove the bracket from under the seat that hold the leather "handle". I found pics of it on another site.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,285 Posts
Ahh... I missed the drivers part. When I bought mine they came as a set but I think they were also available separately.

Any decent welder should be able to make one; especially if you know someone who will loan you theirs as a template so the welder can get the angle of the upright just right.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Honda east Toledo. Has some of the brackets. I just ordered one thinking it was the entire backrest.
Passenger backrest brackets or Driver backrest under the seat mounts?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So this happened....

I finally convince a buddy to let me borrow his mount so I can give it to my other buddy. It took a while because the first guy lives on his damn bike. So coughing up the backrest was big deal to him even if it was for a short whole. So we go through the whole ordeal of him taking it off the bike and sending it to me as he doesn't live near me. No sooner do I get it from him when Victory of Mesa contacts me and says they got part out of nowhere and its ready for pick up! Aint that some ****?!?

Plus, on the same day I see a post on VMOG FB page that a dealer found a whole mess of OEM backrest and mounts in their backroom!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts