Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone,

I just left my BMW K1300S at the Victory dealer in favor of an 2011 XR. I am trying to get some switched power to my GPS. I tapped into the Hwy light wire and interesting things happened. As long as the lights were off, the GPS worked. If I turned the lights on, the GPS would shut off. So, the end result is that I have lost a little confidence and don't want to splice anything more until I get some advice.

Looking forward to your responses and a long relationship with my new bike.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Congrats on your new toy.

While I'm sure someone else can be of more help than me (I'm only a 1 day old owner), I thought maybe this will help out (see image below - specifically #10 - I believe that's for accessory power).

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man. I guess I will be ordering a new wire from Garmin. Mine won't reach that far back anymore. I was hoping for something at the headlight.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
You can always attach another wire with wire connectors if the wire you have is not long enough. Not to mention that you might not have to. Open up that right side cover, and see if that #10 is just a fuse there or the actual connection. It could be that only the fuse is located there, and the wire could be already pulled somewhere close to the handlebars.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats on your new toy.

While I'm sure someone else can be of more help than me (I'm only a 1 day old owner), I thought maybe this will help out (see image below - specifically #10 - I believe that's for accessory power).
That turned out to be a fuse. Thanks for the direction. Congrats on your new toy as well.cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts