Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured a purple unicorn will be easier to find than what I am really looking for...a trunk for my XC. Might as well ask for the impossible. Since the trunks are almost impossible to find I am curious what other XC owners are doing for a tour pack?

I have thought of aftermarket (which I am worried about quality)...I have thought of stripping the badging off of another mfg OEM trunk and making it fit but I worry it will look like something I scabbed together.

Can people send pics of NON Victory tour packs on their bikes and a description of the parts. I have looked at the Corbin (It doesn't float my boat) and ACO razor (I want a taller box that I can get a full face helmet in). Any help is greatly appreciated.

And hey...If you have a Victory Lock and Ride trunk you don't want any more I would be interested in hearing from you.

Thanks.

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
On Facebook "Victory Motorcycle - buy sell & trade" there have been a few of those. Go there.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ricz.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Ric is correct, I've seen a few there. Good stuff comes through frequently, actually.

What they want for some of the harder to find stuff though...that'll just about make you gag.

·
Premium Member
1,865 Posts
The shortage you find likely won't be of an available CCT trunk. The shortage could be due to the money they are (or were) fetching. I hope for your financial well being you're also not looking for a set of forged bars as well. I'm fairly certain my CCT is worth more in parts than as a whole bike. I'm currently running forged bars with color matched tops and JTD inserts. No, before anyone asks, my original CCT lowers are not for sale. Neither is my CCT trunk or Lock & Ride backrest/luggage rack.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Beware

On Facebook "Victory Motorcycle - buy sell & trade" there have been a few of those. Go there.
Just one thing to say about buying from there. Let the buyer beware. You have no recourse if the stuff you buy is wrong! I know that as a fact.

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
Just one thing to say about buying from there. Let the buyer beware. You have no recourse if the stuff you buy is wrong! I know that as a fact.
You are dealing with private parties and not established stores, in most cases. So the quality of the deal will depend on the quality of the individual you are dealing with.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I keep an eye out for a unicorn on occasion also but I don't do facebook

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
I just had a long texting conversation with a Facebook moderator about my problem. Their solution; go somewhere else to solve your problem. We don't care.

So again, BE CAREFUL!

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
I might have one floating around here...have to repaint it but I think its a trunk, pretty sure all the bags are gone but I know there is a box in the storage room that had trunk on it, might be Indian but it might be a vic, I'll have to look next time I am in there. Pretty sure it was a warranty item regardless.

·
Premium Member
1,865 Posts
I just had a long texting conversation with a Facebook moderator about my problem. Their solution; go somewhere else to solve your problem. We don't care.

So again, BE CAREFUL!
I hate companies like Google and Facebook. I hope alternatives like MeWe will gain traction. And I hope their (MeWe) reality matches their marketing about tracking members. That being said, many of the Facebook Victory Parts sellers do have good reputations. I've been buying and selling on eBay for a very long time and have a 100% satisfaction rating for all transactions. I've avoided a few Facebook sellers that wouldn't accept PayPal. No PayPal means stay away in my book. Opening a PayPal account is free so if a seller won't do that, no sale. Yes, I know there's a fee to get your money. Build the fee into the price and get over it is my feeling.

·
Premium Member
6,041 Posts
Zuck’s making a list and checking it twice .... To the tune of Santa Claus is coming to town..

######

Zuck’s making a list and checking it twice
Gonna find out who’s naughty and nice
Zuckerberg is spyin’ on you
He sees you when you’re sleepin’
He knows when you’re awake
He knows if you’ve been bad or good
So be good for goodness sake
* Oh! You better watch out, you better not cry
Better not pout, I’m telling you why

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for checking Paulie. I called you last fall and you didn't have...and couldn't get one so I would have been surprised if it was the right trunk.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1 - 16 of 16 Posts