Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did not want to have to start a new thread for this but it looks like none of the old threads will work.

I wanted to try a taller than stock windshield. The bike came with both the stock and shorter windshield which was great but I have been riding behind a huge aftermarked shield on my old Venture for about 22 years now so I am kind of used to looking through it and liking the added wind protection.

So I got on line tonight and went shopping. Ok this is a really simple piece of plexy glass or some plastic. really not much engineering to it at all so why in the world is it a $200 to $300 price. This is as bad as the truck rack.

So here is why I posted the thread. Someone out there probably has a taller windshield sitting in their garage that they bought and then decided they did not like. If that is you then may I please make you an offer. The cost of a new one that I may or may not like has got me thinking about holding off on purchasing a new one just to see if I like it.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Which bike are you referring to? Your signature says 2009 vision.
[EDIT] I just noticed your handle

·
Registered
12,217 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Price for new parts

So I mentioned previously about the price of new parts from the factory verses used parts. Here is a good example of new verses used. I don't think there are a lot of used parts out there but I will likely look since the new part was not only rediculously priced but the shipping was another $10 on top of the $23. This is the simple little cable that holds the truck lid from leaning to far back. It looks like it could be made up for less than a few buck with couple of electrical fittings and some braided cable. If anyone knows of a source for used parts like this feel free to speak up. Mean while I am headed to the hardware store not the deanship.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts