Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanna be able to run music from my cell phone (samsung) thru the bikes audio system..and (if able) to control phone from bikes controls. Is there something out there that i can hook up to stock audio connector in the saddlebag? thanks guys and gals...love this forum..learning lots

·
13,003 Posts
don't know what model bike you have. Owners book will tell you.
You need to buy a 30 ipod cable and if you want a bluetooth device. Make sure you have unlimited data plan. Do what I ask in red letters

Attachments

·
Registered
314 Posts
Please do what he asks, he will hound you until you do.

The Tune2Air works for Bluetooth connection, but you cannot control tracts from the handlebar, volume only with a Samsung phone. Another idea some have done is to buy a used older iPod, you can find them on eBay or Craigslist for around $30. Those always work with this connector.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm using a bluetooth receiver that plugs in to the power plug in the fairing. It has a 3.5mm pig-tail built in that I connect to a 3.5 mm cable that I ran from the plug in that's inside the fairing up the handlebars and a female-to-female 3.5mm adapter. The bluetooth receiver has buttons on it to change songs as well as pause/play. I am using this with my Samsung note 5 running Pandora or playing stored music.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I use this one from Amazon:
August MR240B Bluetooth Audio Receiver for Sound Systems - Bluetooth Wireless Music Adaptor for Home Stereo / Headphones / Portable Speakers / Apple / iPhone / iPod Docks - Bluetooth Enable your Audio Devices

·
Registered
36 Posts
This is total bullshit. We are forced to buy a crappy iPod to be able to listen to our own music and skip songs via the handlebar controls! This is the first thing that I don't like about Victory. Why can we not just plug in a flash drive like on Harley's and almost every other stereo made since 2010 ? I'm really frustrated with this crappy stereo.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
This is total bullshit. We are forced to buy a crappy iPod to be able to listen to our own music and skip songs via the handlebar controls! This is the first thing that I don't like about Victory. Why can we not just plug in a flash drive like on Harley's and almost every other stereo made since 2010 ? I'm really frustrated with this crappy stereo.

Agreed... Who doesn't want to use an iPod though? They work flawlessly for music! Even better just buy an iPhone and your music is always with... Phone charges while riding... I have had a cell phone since 1995, an iPod since the early 2000's and an iPhone for around 8 years. If I could have them both combined years ago I would have saved thousands on music. Why do you not like Apple products? When you own the computer, the iPad and the phone it's awesome.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I don't like apple products because of all the B.S. you have to go through to get your music on iTunes before apple will even allow you to use your own music. Stereos are capable of doing everything with only a flash drive that you have to use an iPod for on victory but apple obviously paid off victory to intergrate their piece of crap into the bike. I own days and days of music I don't want to have to reformat it all to work on iTunes when someone should just make a flash drive cord that plugs into the same spot instead of iPod it would do everything the iPod does only cheeper and easier. APPLE SUCKS!!!

·
Registered
297 Posts
I've never had problem with iTunes. I get my music from different sources, open iTunes, import it, then sync to my iPod, iPad, and iPhone. No reformatting needed, but you can if you wish.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I don't like apple products because of all the B.S. you have to go through to get your music on iTunes before apple will even allow you to use your own music. Stereos are capable of doing everything with only a flash drive that you have to use an iPod for on victory but apple obviously paid off victory to intergrate their piece of crap into the bike. I own days and days of music I don't want to have to reformat it all to work on iTunes when someone should just make a flash drive cord that plugs into the same spot instead of iPod it would do everything the iPod does only cheeper and easier. APPLE SUCKS!!!

Fair enough. To each there own. I am fairly certain you can buy an apple to USB connection... Gimme 5 mins and I find you one.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Id be willing to bet that it will not work. I can see them progaming in some code that won't allow it to read it.just to make us buy apple junk.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I just spoke with a buddy who owns a 2015 Magnum... He uses an android phone and had to buy a similar connection... He said his handlebar controls still work. Not sure if that helps you Smokey or not.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts