Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
It always helps if you start from the beginning so we can help you more.
Here is what I imagine is going on, correct me if I'm wrong.

"My bike is running poorly, the local dealer recommended that I install a Power Commander and they promised a 10 hp increase. I'm unsure if that is right, and I was wondering if anyone had any before and after dyno graphs showing if in fact they were right".

Am I close?

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not really.
I currently have gutted pipes. Sitting on spare cash. Eventually doing cams and timing gear.

Trying to decide what, if any performance I will see additional out of doing the PC now.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
403 Posts
O.K. That helps.
If you were to add a PC now (my thought) is you wouldn't see huge gains in PEAK hp and tq numbers (maybe 1-2 more) but you would get better fuel mileage, more throttle response, less popping, and a cooler running motor. Also gains below peak maybe noticeable - like 3-4 ft/lbs at one certain area.

That is if the PC was tuned correctly. If you were just going to throw in a generic map then (my thoughts) are little to no gains in any department.
Just remember the PC has to be tuned correctly to see improvements. And then when you add the cams or make other changes it has to be retuned accordingly.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Looking for dyno numbers with stage 1's and a PC5 only. Any help would be great!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
when you say stage 1 are you talking Vic stage 1? I am also interested because I have done the general stage 1 of Lloydz air filter, PC5 and timing wheel along with Vic Tri ovals. I have yet to have it tuned and was wondering what kind of numbers I can expect. If after the dyno tune it runs good then I might leave it alone. If not cams will go in.

·
Registered
16 Posts
when you say stage 1 are you talking Vic stage 1? I am also interested because I have done the general stage 1 of Lloydz air filter, PC5 and timing wheel along with Vic Tri ovals. I have yet to have it tuned and was wondering what kind of numbers I can expect. If after the dyno tune it runs good then I might leave it alone. If not cams will go in.
curtdan62
we're lucky we have KMC powersporsts right here in westerly. Kyle does good work. have him add cams, 1/4 turn throttle ring, and dyno tune to what you have,and you'll be quite happy.
(he did the whole package to mine, huge improvement)

·
Registered
30 Posts
curtdan62
we're lucky we have KMC powersporsts right here in westerly. Kyle does good work. have him add cams, 1/4 turn throttle ring, and dyno tune to what you have,and you'll be quite happy.
(he did the whole package to mine, huge improvement)
I have spoken to Kyle a few times. Was supposed to get it tuned by him once the weather breaks. I want to do the cams etc, but getting a little push back from my wife who doesnt want me to spend the money right now on a perfectly good bike. In her defense we are doing renovations to our house and money could get tight. That is why I want to get an idea of what the numbers would be before doing cams etc. I know I will probably hold off for a season for the cams.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts