Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from the Philippines!

Am seriously looking at getting my first Victory bike. Have narrowed my choices to the Gunner and the 8 Ball. Am looking at a bike that I can use as a daily ride to work and for some cruising on weekends. I got a couple of questions that hopefully you could help me.

1. At 5'10", are these bikes too low for me?

2. Philippine weather is dry or wet. Up to 95F during the dry season. Gets much worse when stuck in Manila traffic. Do Victory bikes manage heat better than Harleys, KTMs or Ducati?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
781 Posts
I seriously doubt they are too low for you. I'm about 5'11 if that helps. Pretty even leg vs. torso ratio.

They manage heat better than most any non-water cooled bike, yes. The oil cooling is a terrific medium between air only and a radiator. But as you probably know- these systems work better on the move.

The sheer size and location of that big 106 is gonna throw off some heat sitting still.

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
Hello from the Philippines!

Am seriously looking at getting my first Victory bike. Have narrowed my choices to the Gunner and the 8 Ball. Am looking at a bike that I can use as a daily ride to work and for some cruising on weekends. I got a couple of questions that hopefully you could help me.

1. At 5'10", are these bikes too low for me?

2. Philippine weather is dry or wet. Up to 95F during the dry season. Gets much worse when stuck in Manila traffic. Do Victory bikes manage heat better than Harleys, KTMs or Ducati?

Thanks in advance!
Im 6 foot and all good.
Gets hot in Australia...wet at times too...you may like to go over what electrical connectors you can access and fill them with some di-electric grease so help waterproof the electrics better for sub-tropical extremes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I seriously doubt they are too low for you. I'm about 5'11 if that helps. Pretty even leg vs. torso ratio.

They manage heat better than most any non-water cooled bike, yes. The oil cooling is a terrific medium between air only and a radiator. But as you probably know- these systems work better on the move.

The sheer size and location of that big 106 is gonna throw off some heat sitting still.
Thanks Judge for the feedback. I wonder if there are cooling fans out there for the Vics. Wardsparts makes awesome cooling fans for HD. It's going to be real hot alright with the bike on long standstill traffic. Not cool.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im 6 foot and all good.
Gets hot in Australia...wet at times too...you may like to go over what electrical connectors you can access and fill them with some di-electric grease so help waterproof the electrics better for sub-tropical extremes.
Now that's a good idea. Need to this for the other bikes. Thanks much Motorbikerx!

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
Thanks Judge for the feedback. I wonder if there are cooling fans out there for the Vics. Wardsparts makes awesome cooling fans for HD. It's going to be real hot alright with the bike on long standstill traffic. Not cool.
Long standstill traffic, I would ride around past it.
Or if its gridlocked and you cant move I'd turn it off and restart once things get moving.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
real synthetic oils

Victory's are more modern than the tractors, their coated aluminum cylinders loose heat much faster. a catless exhaust with a fuel tuner helps as well. using a real group IV - V 20-50 oil after a couple of thousand break in is good insurance, especially warmer climates. Victory's expensive but cheap semi-synthetic oil is OK for breaking in but shears by 2500 miles + needs changing more often for good shifting + engine protection. i love my first victory, 13 hammer, i am 5-8 + very comfortable riding it, had to upgrade the shock because the fat-low profile rear tire is pretty stiff riding.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts