Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sounds easy huh? The wire loom sleeving I have now I must have bought 20+ years ago when I lived in So. California. It looks like the oem style smooth, black, non split sleeve/tube/sheath/covering our wire harnesses are in. It comes (came) in many standard sizes (1/8", 1/4", 3/8", 1/2" etc) depending on the wire harness you need to make.

I have enough to complete my current job of installing the Kuryakyn lights but then I'll be just about out. I did several internet searches using different descriptions but so far I haven't found what I'm looking for. I did find a non split braided material on Amazon but I don't want the braided material. I also found this on the McMaster-Carr website but I'm not sure if this is it. https://www.mcmaster.com/#wire-looms/=1awihdt

Hopefully other garage mechanics or even bike builders will know where to get this stuff or confirm what I found on McMaster-Carr will work. The smooth black plastic (PTFE) sleeve/tube/sheath/covering most motorcycle wire harnesses use is what I'm after.

Thank You

·
Premium Member
13,725 Posts
You're right; it is hard to find. Most of it is the braided kind now. This is all I could find on Amazon.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017XUYYME/ref=sxbs_sxwds-stvp_1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=3341940462&pd_rd_wg=EcwFq&pf_rd_r=ZBS6PVDAKZ6WV6S3C6J6&pf_rd_s=desktop-sx-bottom-slot&pf_rd_t=301&pd_rd_i=B017XUYYME&pd_rd_w=hd2LZ&pf_rd_i=wire+harness+sleeve&pd_rd_r=68593295-654c-4047-924c-1cab45762714&ie=UTF8&qid=1514644921&sr=1[/ame]

It does come in different widths; if you scroll down you can see them.

·
13,262 Posts
Mark maybe a street rod shop in your town or a electrical surplus shop.
personally I like shrink tubing

Reactions: olddad64

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

That's it !!!!!
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I'll stock up on a few sizes for the next few projects.

Reactions: BBob

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you Soul Rebel.

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, some great things on that website, thank you!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts