Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a best source to buy a spacer for my 2012 Vegas Jackpot. Got the 300 Avon mounted on the 18x10.5 Arlen Ness.

Remove the loop, grind the right side corner of the swingarms.... When time to mount, the left side fits fine BUT on the right, the rim rubs hard against against the belt. Need about 1/4 inch to clear.

Any help or input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Spectrader needs spacers similar to the ones I got through the Sydney Victory shop as attached.

Spectrader- where exactly are you located?

Can anyone near Spectraders location direct him to someone that may or can make spacer kits?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
And another post coz I can't post 2 photos on my iPad with the same name

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
No worries mate.

I think from memory my spacers were only 3mm- but obviously if you space the back pulley out, the front pulley also needs to be spaced out otherwise the belt won't track centred and will likely come off, as well as ruin the bearings etc.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
By the way Spectrader- I've been to Fort Lauderdale and Miami- loved it. Especially the Platinum club at Fort Lauderdale......lol

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
No worries mate.

I think from memory my spacers were only 3mm- but obviously if you space the back pulley out, the front pulley also needs to be spaced out otherwise the belt won't track centred and will likely come off, as well as ruin the bearings etc.
That makes perfect sense, Kris. Thanks. I might elect to go with the 280 Metz for now and regroup later. Should work, right?

Ps: I'm less than distinct about the night life...lol but Miami is lots of fun. Can't beat the year round riding weather....

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Yes a 280 will fit fine- and the Metzellers have a more rounded profile so they look like a 290, and not far off a 300. I had the 280 Metz rear before spacers, and it fits fine.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
So they can get spacers for you Spectrader?

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So they can get spacers for you Spectrader?
He didnt offer it as soon as he heard it's a 10.5 wheel. He said "10 for 300 and 10.5 for 280....". He also echoed your earlier sentiment that the 280 on 10.5 looks almost identical as the 300 on 10.0 and its a lot safer. I appreciate his time and advice.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Great to hear.

Yeah that's what I did, and then I parked mine next to a 300.......

But really there's very little difference to a 280 and a 300, especially when it's the Metz280 to Avon300. I don't know why he would talk safety? There are at of guys on here now with 300s and have had no issues what so ever (search Hape & Mobgma).

Post some piccies when all done.

cheers

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Great info guys,
SUBSCRIBED to this tread
thumb up

1 - 14 of 14 Posts