Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I'm looking for some help and advice in my search for tall t-bars / drag bars.

I've been looking for t-bars with a rise of 10inches and up but they're pretty much non existant. There are tons out there for Harleys with 3.5inch center to centre measurements but none for Victory with 4.875inch c-t-c.

I have a MY12 Vegas 8 Ball with stock bars and have riden one with high ball apes. I like the riding position but prefer something more agressive and the thing is the 8 Ball with apes is also my brother's ride so don't want to get the same as him.

So if anyone's has seen these type of handlebars for Victory bikes or knows anything that would help, I'd be keen to hear about it. :)

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Have you talked to any of the custom guys like Witchdoctors or HMD about doing a one off?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've scanned the witchdoctors website but didn't see any off the shelf bars. Didn't know they do custom jobs.

Did some research with fabricators like BR customs cycles but I'm from Australia and our dollar has tanked so much it has the same value as a peso... :(

Thanks for suggesting HMD. Looks like they only have apes at the moment but will enquire with them

·
Registered
690 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
youre in Australia you wont get a better product than Burleigh Bars,
I got Dave to make up the 'roller bars' on my Vegas, custom made to sit in the same position as stock but a bit easier on the wrists.
He does lots of different styles in whatever thickness you like,
I prefer the chunky 1 3/4" ones myself.
Check out the website
http://www.burleighbars.com.au/

Attachments

·
Registered
282 Posts
youre in Australia you wont get a better product than Burleigh Bars,

I got Dave to make up the 'roller bars' on my Vegas, custom made to sit in the same position as stock but a bit easier on the wrists.

He does lots of different styles in whatever thickness you like,

I prefer the chunky 1 3/4" ones myself.

Check out the website

http://www.burleighbars.com.au/

Is that your Hammer on the Burleigh web site?

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
Is that your Hammer on the Burleigh web site?
No AfterDarker mines a Vegas and not on the site, well not yet, we should get some pix of it up.
Great looking bars hey....nothing comes close!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the suggestions thumb up
Will be spending some time looking into them further...however its now time for a ride!

·
Registered
282 Posts
No AfterDarker mines a Vegas and not on the site, well not yet, we should get some pix of it up.

Great looking bars hey....nothing comes close!

MB They are great looking bars, I am thinking seriously about them....
However for these custom bars I think I will have to ride to the Gold Coast to get a fitting.
Bit hard to tell the ergonomics and the overall fit with any precision, unless you ride to their shop, I think.
A bit like getting measured up for tailored clothing...

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
MB They are great looking bars, I am thinking seriously about them....
However for these custom bars I think I will have to ride to the Gold Coast to get a fitting.
Bit hard to tell the ergonomics and the overall fit with any precision, unless you ride to their shop, I think.
A bit like getting measured up for tailored clothing...
Well Yeah for custom bars you may need them 'tailor made'
there are measurement specifics on the site I see.
They have no Victory bars in stock that takes your fancy AfterDarker?
If not it's a great reason for a ride up here!

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
There are all types of bars around but those Burleigh bars look damned good
Feel good too!...whether or not it's just psychological, or in fact the thicker bars give more control , less flex.
I don't know....Everyone comments on how right they look on the bike too!
looking at the factory ones laying on the workbench reminds me of the bars I had on my bicycle at school:D

·
Registered
459 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
Whowwww,

Burleigh bars perfect, :crzy: I like the look of them....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Finally got 'em!

Hey Folks, thanks for all your comments and help in my search for tall t-bars. I've eventually found a set that were 16inch rise! from FMB choppers.

They arrived just before Easter at a mild touch over AUD$200 and I've slapped them on however haven't had a chance to procure the right clutch cable and brake hose yet so the project isn't complete.

For those interested, link to bars is:
http://fmbchopperparts.com/16-anarchy-bar-custom-handlebars-for-victory-ball-hi-ball-p-2842.html

Also, Dave at FMB was super helpful. He was even answering my emails at what would have been 3AM his local time. Can't speak highly enough of his workmanship and customer service.

Some photos to show what the bars are like. 0 pull back worries me a bit but the height is comfortable. Will try and post more pics once all the parts are together.

20140421_140532.jpg

20140421_140600.jpg

1 - 17 of 17 Posts