Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Team Vic,

I am looking for a garage dolly that I may use with my Vic XR in my garage. I have little space to fit it and if I can wheel it on a dolly, it will be a lot easier.

I was looking at the Park-n-Move by Legal Speeding. So, I checked with legalspeeding.com and the Park-n-Move cannot be used with a XR because they do not have a traditional downtube frame structure.

I also looked at Pitbull Standard Manual lift (see below) but I think that the lift itself is to big to save any room - over four feet in length, and expensive.

http://stores.pitbullbikershop.com/-strse-1/PITBULL-MOTORCYCLE-LIFT-JACK/Detail.bok

Has anybody found a compact dolly that they can use in a tight garage space to maneuver their Vic XR in tight spaces?

Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Team Vic,

I am looking for a garage dolly that I may use with my Vic XR in my garage. I have little space to fit it and if I can wheel it on a dolly, it will be a lot easier.

I was looking at the Park-n-Move by Legal Speeding. So, I checked with legalspeeding.com and the Park-n-Move cannot be used with a XR because they do not have a traditional downtube frame structure.

I also looked at Pitbull Standard Manual lift (see below) but I think that the lift itself is to big to save any room - over four feet in length, and expensive.

http://stores.pitbullbikershop.com/-strse-1/PITBULL-MOTORCYCLE-LIFT-JACK/Detail.bok

Has anybody found a compact dolly that they can use in a tight garage space to maneuver their Vic XR in tight spaces?

Thanks in advance.
While the Park-n-Move is for bikes with a traditional tube frame, it has no reason not to work on your XR. Take a peak under your bike. It would work just as well. They said it works on bikes with a traditional down-tube frame, because some bikes have a one tube running down the middle, instead of two. You can see how those bikes could not be rested on one point support without falling.

The XR has a nice plate underneath, which is lift friendly, and in this case, Park-n-Move friendly.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CrossRoads, I don't mean to be disrespectful, however I spoke with Legal Speeding and the following is a quote from their download PDF

"An example of a bike that is not compatible with the Park-n-Move Cruiser is the Victory brand due to the engine being lower than the frame. This situation does not allow the Park-n-Move Cruiser Lifting Bar to make contact with the frame. This leads to lifting the bike via the engine case. This is NOT RECOMMENDED. A motorcycle should never be lifted on its engine case or any other part. A motorcycle should only be lifted on the frame."

I think that I am still looking for a solution.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
CrossRoads, I don't mean to be disrespectful, however I spoke with Legal Speeding and the following is a quote from their download PDF

"An example of a bike that is not compatible with the Park-n-Move Cruiser is the Victory brand due to the engine being lower than the frame. This situation does not allow the Park-n-Move Cruiser Lifting Bar to make contact with the frame. This leads to lifting the bike via the engine case. This is NOT RECOMMENDED. A motorcycle should never be lifted on its engine case or any other part. A motorcycle should only be lifted on the frame."

You're not disrespectful at all. Anything posted on a forum is up for discussion. :)

If you will go by Park-n-Move's statement, you will never jack up your motorcycle. Where exactly do you think the Pitbull Standard Manual lift would make contact with the bike? The same exact location as the Park-n-Move dolly. Remember, the XR/XC has a centerstand accessory as well, which should be enough proof that the bottom section of the bike is solid enough to hold its weight. ;)

The only thing to avoid is the oil drain bolt, but once again, that would be the same for any lift/dolly/support you would use.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cross Roads,

Here is what I think I am going to do - First, I am going to give Hardline Moto Slide a try at $69.95. Check it out here:

http://www.hardlineproducts.com/MotoSlide.cfm

If that doesn't work, then I'll try the Park-n-Move at $299. I hope the Moto Slide works. Found some customer reviews on some web site that gave the Moto Slide a thumbs up.

I'll let you all know - unless anybody has a dolly that they are currently useing and like for a XR.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Cross Roads,

Here is what I think I am going to do - First, I am going to give Hardline Moto Slide a try at $69.95. Check it out here:

http://www.hardlineproducts.com/MotoSlide.cfm

If that doesn't work, then I'll try the Park-n-Move at $299. I hope the Moto Slide works. Found some customer reviews on some web site that gave the Moto Slide a thumbs up.

I'll let you all know - unless anybody has a dolly that they are currently useing and like for a XR.
I do not think you will like this, too may variables.

If you can afford a pit bull jack, go for it. It is 1 of the best jacks made. I made a bike stand that is solid as a rock. It would be easy to add casters to make it movable. It's a simple project and easy to make providing you have access to a welder, some type of metal cuter, ( I use a portaband) If you wan instructions or dimensions let me know. I copied a professional built 1 I had.
You couldn't knock the bike off of it very easily. You would really have to try hard. But ya need a jack.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dirttdobber,
Do you have any experience with the Park - N- Move? Did you find the pitbull to be a "too large" frame lift - my biggest problem is lack of space. They said it is 4 feet long. And, The Pitbull Manual Lift (see below) looks like it comes with wheels. Finally, what do we all think about the unique design of the Vic XR when it comes to lifts. Cross Roads, who I am coming to greatly respect, believes that I can use the bottom section of the bike for lifts and I believe him. Finally, Unfortuneately, I am not that handy. I have never used a welder. I am a desk jocky. Here is the Pitbull URL

http://stores.pitbullbikershop.com/-strse-3/Pitbull-motorcycle-lift-jack/Detail.bok

·
Registered
528 Posts
Dirttdobber,
Do you have any experience with the Park - N- Move? Did you find the pitbull to be a "too large" frame lift - my biggest problem is lack of space. They said it is 4 feet long. And, The Pitbull Manual Lift (see below) looks like it comes with wheels. Finally, what do we all think about the unique design of the Vic XR when it comes to lifts. Cross Roads, who I am coming to greatly respect, believes that I can use the bottom section of the bike for lifts and I believe him. Finally, Unfortuneately, I am not that handy. I have never used a welder. I am a desk jocky. Here is the Pitbull URL

http://stores.pitbullbikershop.com/-strse-3/Pitbull-motorcycle-lift-jack/Detail.bok
I will check tomorrow to see how it goes. I have the cheap version of the pit bull. I will put the bike on it tomorrow some time and let ya know. I did not have the coins for the pit bull when my other jack went out. Had a bike in the air on a stand and couldn't get it down. I had to get something that was locally available. I have the HB jack. I have moved bikes on it but I used straps to tie them down.
I will give ya a complete assessment tomorrow. Been driving all day so it will be tomorrow.
If I can find the link, I know of something that will work for ya.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Center stand

Team Vic,

Thanks in advance.
You could buy the center stand for the bike and then use a dolly type system. If you are handy with a welder, you can make your own dolly for under $30.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like the harborfreight concept - I will use this as a fall back - I still like the idea of buying to motoslide of $69 and if I am not satisfied, I can fall back to the Harborfreigh at $99 and still be ahead of the park-n-move cost at over $220 bucks. I will let you all know what I learn - Again, thanks for all the advise -really valuable and Victory Forums Rocks!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just ordered the Motoslide on Amazon for $59.00 and $7.00 shipping - Hard to beat Amazon - I will let you know what I think

·
Registered
19 Posts
Motoslide

I have a motoslide and really like the convenience. I have stopped using it for now because it was starting to damage the concrete on the garage floor. I was thinking about trying one of the epoxy treatments for the floor.

Robert

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Motoslide

I have a motoslide and really like the convenience. I have stopped using it for now because it was starting to damage the concrete on the garage floor. I was thinking about trying one of the epoxy treatments for the floor.

Robert
I received the Motoslide and it does work really well on the Triumph Bonneville. I had to delay picking up my XR until Tuesday. I hope it works equally well on the XR. The Bonny is 450 LBS and the XR is 750. It will be interesting to see how it handles the extra weight.

Not happy to hear that it damaged your garage floor. I will keep an eye out for that.

Speak soon.

·
Registered
336 Posts

There is no down tube at all in a X bike. The motor is a stress member of the frame and can be lifted by the motor just like any other victory.

This has been discussed in other threads keep clear of the drain plug and you are good to go!!!!

thumb up

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you Big

There is no down tube at all in a X bike. The motor is a stress member of the frame and can be lifted by the motor just like any other victory.

This has been discussed in other threads keep clear of the drain plug and you are good to go!!!!

thumb up
I will give the motoslide a try and see how it goes - If not satisfied, Ill try the park-n-move.

Thanks for the update

1 - 16 of 16 Posts