Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day Folks,

Thinking long and hard about a Victory, especially the Hammer. I have a Yamaha Road Star laid up in the garage (busted shock mounts) that I hope to resurrect one day - rode it around Australia back in 2010. Sitting next to it is a Kawasaki 1400GTR that I just haven't made a real connection with. So I am back looking to cruisers.

Here to scope out what everyone's got.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
That title was supposed to say look*ing* hard at Victory... Nice opening post :p

·
Registered
81 Posts
Any particular model that is catching your eye right now? When I first started looking, I loved the looks of the Judge. It just didn't fit me quite right and I ended up with a CCT and a Vegas 8-Ball. Now I'm trying to figure out exactly what mods I would need to make to get a Judge to fit me. I still just love the looks of that bike!

·
Registered
222 Posts
I really like the looks of the highball, wish my local vic dealer had one when I got my jackpot but can't bring myself around to look at trading the beast in.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Never rode a Hammer, but there really isn't a bad Victory. They all ride, handle, and perform very well. Test ride as many as you can before you commit .

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any particular model that is catching your eye right now?
At the moment the Hammer 8 Ball is high on the list, but I am still trying to scope out how much of a tourer I can make it for that once/twice a year when I want to hit the backroads for a week. The Cross Roads looks great, but don't know if I am ready for a Bagger yet, still enjoy tearing it up when the mood strikes ;-)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
At worst I start with a Vegas 8 Ball as a customising platform and take it from there - I really do like the fat arse on the Hammer though :)

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts