Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new to the forum from NH and looking into buying a CC or CCT around here. Presently I put just over 10,000 miles on my yamaha stryker in the year I have had it. Im looking for some more comfort as I was looking at putting a batwing fairing on my stryker but really like the Victorys. Im 6'7" tall and about 250 pounds. I've sat on a CC and CCT and the biggest question I have is: Is there any sort of forward controls to move the boards up further? My legs aren't the most comfortable in the stock position and wondering how you larger guys manage on the bike. I'd also be looking into getting mini apes as well. Im also interested in what the largest tire size people have put on the rear. It'll be hard moving away from the stryker's stock 210/new 240 im putting on it to something a lot smaller. Personally I hate the look of HD's how they have such a skinny tire with their saddlebags.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I don't know about the boards moving forward but the controls are adjustable. If you can make it fit you where you are happy with it you will love the bike.

·
Registered
2011 Cross Country w/multiple adaptations
154 Posts
all of the cross country floor boards are 3 position adjustable...forward and back.

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
all of the cross country floor boards are 3 position adjustable...forward and back.
Slight correction; the floorboards don't adjust, but the brake and shifter do.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Like everyone has said, the Floorboards do not move, the controls are adjustable. As far as a wider rear tire...why? It has bags and a huge rear fender, not the most visible tire (especially while riding)

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I am pretty sure the floorboards do move.... I just looked at mine and it looks like they have 3 position's.

·
Registered
659 Posts
The Cross Country has more leg room than any other bike that I am aware of. If you want to feel cramped, go sit on a Stratoliner Delux or a Harley Street Glide.

Reactions: HowardGNelson

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
I am pretty sure the floorboards do move.... I just looked at mine and it looks like they have 3 position's.
The three positions only allow the brake and shift controls to be moved forward or back over the floorboards. The floorboards have only one mounting position.

Try it and see :D :D

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
the pedals move, boards are stationary, if you need more legroom you need to look into some type of highway pegs, and stock rear tire is a 180, a195 car tire is very tight i dont see a 200 fitting in there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im just interested in the larger tire cause I like the way it handles, being a bigger guy. My inseam is about 37-38" so I need every bit of legroom I can get.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Im just interested in the larger tire cause I like the way it handles, being a bigger guy. My inseam is about 37-38" so I need every bit of legroom I can get.

Well since this is the biggest bagger around (that I know of) I guess you picked the right bike! My suggestion to you would be to get your seat reworked and see how much they can bring you back. If your in the market for some highway pegs I have some used ones for sale.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
if a larger tire is a must then your looking at the wrong bike, if you cant get enough legroom on a xc or xct, you sound like you need to build a custom

·
Registered
426 Posts
Im 6’5” so I somewhat feel your pain. When I was shopping I sat on and rode all kinds of different bikes and the XC has the most room by far. My knees were in the plastics on a Goldwing, and if you want to feel cramped, hop on a Harley. My brother is 6’7” and he had a Road King. We swapped bikes on a ride one day, and needless to say he didn’t want to give mine back. Get you some highway pegs, and with the Z extensions you can stretch all the way out on the highway. I literally lay my heels on top of the pegs, and when my wife is behind me (6’2”) I lean back onto the twins and could almost take a nap.

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
Reactions: HowardGNelson

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Larger tire isn't a must but was curious if there were any options. Even on my Stryker I moved the forward controls 3" forward using custom brackets and my knees are still about a 90 degree bend. When I'm really cruising I stretch my legs out and rest the back of my heels over my pegs, leaving me 3-4" of clearance from my foot to the pavement.

·
Registered
2011 Cross Country w/multiple adaptations
154 Posts
I stand corrected...typed faster than brain functioned...yes, the controls mount in three forward or back positions on a sliding mount inboard of the floor boards.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Found the one I want as well as demo'd a 2013 XC in antifreeze green with full stage 1 kit. If my finances check out, I will end up on a 2012 XC and I am pretty excited. I am also looking forward to adding to the bike ultimately making it my own! Especially looking forward to moving those silly controls as far forward as possible.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Here are the highway peg brackets I have for sale. I ended up going with toe rests on my crash bar instead. My 31" inseam couldn't take full advantage of the highway pegs without making them look funny. ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1440132575.758053.jpg
50% of what ever they cost new from Kuryakan takes them home plus shipping.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Best back rest EVAR! :devil
You know her too? Lol, and what are you talking about backrest, shes 6’2” with double Ds. I scoot down and use them as a neck pillow :p
:devil

1 - 20 of 23 Posts