Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again! I just purchased a 2017 8ball with practically no miles on it. Gorgeous bike. Loving it so far. I’m still breaking it in. But one thing I am already planning is a new exhaust. The stock mufflers sound terrible. I can actually feel it when I hit the throttle, these bikes just want to be heard! I actually love the Look of the stock exhaust. The bike looks perfect as it is. But I need more sound, especially on the LA freeways.ive never seen a drilled out stock muffler that wasn’t more trouble than it was worth, and good aftermarket pipes usually sound the best. I have been considering the Freedom pipes.
I’m not looking for anything extreme as far as performance. In fact all I want is a better exhaust and maybe some more low end zip. Can any of you recommend a tuning setup that will match the freedom pipes? Will I need a new controller? In the past I’ve always just swapped out my pipes and rejetted the carbs. On my triumph I didn’t rejet for months after swapping pipes. So this is another learning curve for me.
Is this a job I can do myself? I’m completely ignorant about fuel injectors. But I’m going to assume I’ll need a new controller at the very least. I’m looking for a nicely tuned bike that will last forever. Doesn’t have to be the fastest hot rod on the block but some more low end and extra hp would be nice! Thanks everyone 🏍

·
Premium Member
8,992 Posts
when you say 'new controller', what fuel controller is on it now?
RPW make the best Victory pipes IMHO

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Everything on the bike is stock. I'm pretty ignorant as to what tuning will go with an aftermarket exhaust.

·
Premium Member
8,992 Posts
Everything on the bike is stock. I'm pretty ignorant as to what tuning will go with an aftermarket exhaust.
You might get away without a tuner with just Freedom Performance pipes.
On the other hand a set of RPWs a Ness Intake and a tuner and it'll be a different bike.
They love to breathe!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't seem to find a set of RPWs that look like the Freedom downswept pipes. I'm going for a flat black exhasut to keep with the look of the 8Ball. That's exactly right. This bike needs to breathe. I can feel it underneath just begging to be let loose. It feels "neutered" right now. Still a blast to ride, but it wants to brawl.

·
Premium Member
8,992 Posts
I have them on my Vegas,
Called RPW Slash.
They have a website .
They flow better and have much better ground clearance than the Freedoms that used to drag on the road on faster right turns.
I think they look better too, more swoopy.

IMG20200621100111.jpg
20190922_163245.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey thanks for the reply! I found the row slash pipes. I’m thinking of buying these. Will they bolt on fairly easily? Does the bike need to be cut at all? That’s a deal breaker for me, otherwise these look like my new pipes?

·
Premium Member
8,992 Posts
Hey thanks for the reply! I found the row slash pipes. I’m thinking of buying these. Will they bolt on fairly easily? Does the bike need to be cut at all? That’s a deal breaker for me, otherwise these look like my new pipes?
My pipes are self fitted, I do all my own work, if you're capable of fitting an exhaust it's fairly easy.
I don't know your capabilities.
Only you know that.
My bike had Freedoms on it already I changed em to RPW

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’m embarrassed to admit I dunno what you mean by self fitted. I’ve installed exhausts on other bikes and it’s always been pretty easy. Not sure yet what I’m doing with the O2 sensors but if these pipes are built to fit the bike it should be pretty simple, right? If I have to mod or cut the bike at all it’s a deal breaker though.

·
Premium Member
8,992 Posts
Self fitted is Australian for I fitted my pipes myself.
You've say you've fitted pipes before then go for it, don't tighten anything right up till it's all on though.
If your bikes still got that monstrosity of a stock exhaust on it the hardest part may be getting it off.
Get a couple of new exhaust gaskets.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts