Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i already asked on the vision section, whats better the cross country or vision. i know the same motor and trans looking to get rid of my other than victory for a victory vision or cross country :confused:.bigger saddle bags and easier removable trunk,on the cross country hows the cross country,in the winter time ride good wind protection ?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I rode all the Victory models except the KP during last months Fuel it tour stop here in central Fl. I really liked the Vision-- a lot. On the other hand, I did not like either one of the X bikes I rode, they "felt" cheezy & cheap. If I was looking to buy a touring bike , a bike I was going to ride for more than 2 to 3 hrs at a time, for me it would be the Vision hands down. You NEED to ride them both yourself.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I rode all the Victory models except the KP during last months Fuel it tour stop here in central Fl. I really liked the Vision-- a lot. On the other hand, I did not like either one of the X bikes I rode, they "felt" cheezy & cheap. If I was looking to buy a touring bike , a bike I was going to ride for more than 2 to 3 hrs at a time, for me it would be the Vision hands down. You NEED to ride them both yourself.
That is why you need to test both models and make your own decision. I thought the vision was top heavy and had lots of flimsy plastic body trim that had squeaks and rattled like a old ford pinto. I purchased the cross country, have put almost 12k on it this year and I couldn't be happier with the XC:):)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
yeah need to test drive thats why i came on here, to get advice from victory owners.so far alot of poking giving me a grammer speech and this is my first time on here.cross country is cool has its own benifits,the vision has alot of extras,maybe better wind protection got me guys thtas why im asking questions

·
Registered
107 Posts
That is why you need to test both models and make your own decision. I thought the vision was top heavy and had lots of flimsy plastic body trim that had squeaks and rattled like a old ford pinto. I purchased the cross country, have put almost 12k on it this year and I couldn't be happier with the XC:):)
Pretty much what I thought about the X bikes, you think the same about the Vision and Vise versa!!!

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
so far alot of poking giving me a grammer speech and this is my first time on here.
Dude, you are butt hurt. I only said it once (was not a speech) and I said it for your own benefit, informing you that your gibberish was hard to understand. Now you're crying over it on different threads. Make sure you don't wrinkle your skirt with all the crying around.

·
Premium Member
13,062 Posts
Dude, you are butt hurt. I only said it once (was not a speech) and I said it for your own benefit, informing you that your gibberish was hard to understand. Now you're crying over it on different threads. Make sure you don't wrinkle your skirt with all the crying around.
Ya know, I tried to let this whining go (from MD) but man; if a little grammar correction got him riled and all butt hurt; can you imagine what would happen if we weren't be so nice about it???

These pussy's come through here from time to time and we humor them but at some point you just gotta say enough is enough.

I have a feeling this guy is playing games and just baiting up to get a rise out of us. In this case he did.

He may also be all of 13 yo and trying to have fun with the adults.

Who knows. I'm done playing his game ...

If he wants to know more he can read through the archives just like anyone else, eh.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
CrossRoads youre opinions are like colon's everyones got one
just because i cant type well,and have a learning disorder called diselxia ,give me a @#$%^&* break.get a life,i aint crying about crap
i was told this is the best forum for victory advice all ive gotten is oh you cant type or spell.you got a wrinkled shirt boo hoo what ever :ltr:

im an adult like some people im serious about advice and looking to buy a victory not here for fun and games
ill look threw the archives
i was looking for advice on victory vison or cross country from you guys the owners.what do you think what years to look for problems
guess i need to join another forum.so far only advice i got is 2008 had electrical problems new victorys have better transmisons anything else guys.
on the cross country hows it in cold weather can you get somthing for the engine guard in winter to block cold weather
on different threads to ask vison and cross country owners what they think what to look for used

·
Registered
289 Posts
all grammar issues aside, and i am certainly not one to criticize...for me, the vision sat great but felt huge..especially the wings on the front (faring)...i "envisioned" myself clipping cars or the garage door or whatever...all in all, it came across as too much for what i mostly do..not much commuting...100-200 m rolls as a general rule/weekly and then the odd overnight...and a (now) yearly interstate roll...lastly the looks did not quite ring the bell...the XC "danced" down the road, had all the essentials i wanted...fit my body and "image" and with the QR LR is lean enough for my general rolls and enough storage for my longer adventure...from what i saw the bags on the vision make a trunk necessary, whereas the XC has room to spare...did not ride the vision for these reasons...and as for cheap-cheesy, well folks, i don't get this...they both seem pretty much top notch to me..
all in all, the main thing is knowing what you want and what you will use the it for...function then form...

and to add a tangent...i got my bike mag yesterday and they featured the new 1600GT BMW...wow...what specs....no prices though

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've logged plenty of miles on both, since my riding partner has a 2009 Vision and I bought a 2011 Cross Country...

The Vision has superior wind & rain protection, but it's freakin huge and very top heavy compared to the XC. With a few accessories however, the XC can become pretty close to having the same levels of protection as the Vision. The addition of Lowers and Highway Bar Closeouts has helped tremendously, as does a taller windshield.

For the most part, my buddy HATES his Vision because it's just so big for a daily rider since it's his only bike. Victory didn't make the X-bikes when he bought his though, so he didn't have the option of one or the other. He traded a Vegas that he loved for the Vision, based solely upon the "Wow factor". BTW: He's removed his trunk, which was no easy task.

As for me; I've been through 4 brand new bikes since this past April, looking for the "perfect" bike for me and my preferred riding style. Having already had the luxury of riding his Vision, I knew that while I loved the engine performance, it simply wasn't the bike for me. After my C50 Boulevard (which I was perfectly content with) was totaled in the spring, I bought a 08 Nomad but pretty much hated the lack of power from day-1. After 3 months with the Nomad, I traded it and my new sport bike for the 2011 XC and haven't regretted a minute of it.

The XC was designed to be incredibly versatile with so many of the new "Lock and Ride" options available. My wife and I have so many of the options for our bike, that I'm pretty sure we actually have more invested in it than most people have in their loaded Visions... The difference however is that within a matter of seconds, I can re-configure my XC from being a fully loaded highway touring bike w/ trunk, to a 2-up cruiser w/ traditional passenger backrest, to a low-slung solo'd bar fighter. You absolutely can't do that with the Vision!

Since they have the same engine and tranny, it's all based upon style at this point, especially since the XC w/ Trunk has far more luggage capacity than a Vision.

Hopefully this helps. :)

-Tim

·
Registered
573 Posts
Two of my best friends have Visions, it's why I got interested in Victory in the first place. I have ridden both of their's many times.

For me, the Vision has better wind protection and the buffeting can be easily eliminated with the adjustable windshield. It is heavier, although not so noticable when riding.

I just wasn't comfortable with the looks, particularly with the top case. Plus, the side cases are pretty small, making the top case more necessary. Also, the XC is less $.

If I was going to do a lot of lang distance touring, I think the Vision would be better suited (i.e. more comfortable), although I could easily ride across the country on my Cross Country:D

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Which is precisely what I will be doing in about 3 more weeks. Yep, cross country on my Cross Country, solo, in the dead of winter! thumb up

-Tim
Tim, I sure hope you're planning for the most southern route! wac

·
Registered
573 Posts
Which is precisely what I will be doing in about 3 more weeks. Yep, cross country on my Cross Country, solo, in the dead of winter! thumb up

-Tim
Tim, sounds like a blast. Where to where? Do you have heated gear? We installed a plug on the left side case of my XC, so I plug in when it gets below 50. Nice feature ig you are riding all day.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Tim, I sure hope you're planning for the most southern route! wac
I'm hoping to be able to ride I-40 out to the AZ border than drop down over the Rim and on to Phoenix, but I-10 is my backup plan depending upon the weather forcast when I head out... I have a friend in southern NM that has already offered to put me up for the night if I take I-10. :)

I do have heated grips as well as a full set of Gerbings which includes jacket liner, pants liner, gloves and insoles. I'll be the most comfortable person on the road, regardless of the form of transportation. :D

The tentative plan is to leave NE Arkansas the 1st week of January for Phoenix (Carefree actually) and hook up with my older brother. From there I'm hoping to talk him into riding over to LA asince I've never been there, and maybe down to San Diego and possibly even wade into the Baja Peninsula. On the way back to Phoenix from Cali, I'm hoping to hit Vegas. I don't want to come home until I have tagged 5000 miles on the trip, which means I could end up in New Orleans or maybe even Florida or South Carolina before returning home...

I'm down for anything from 1.5 to 3 weeks, but have a relatively tight budget of $2000 for this trip as long as there are no malfunctions of any kind. When I can crash w/ friends and unknown forum members during the long stretches, it will save me a ton on hotel rooms and possibly allow me the ability to tag both the Atlantic and Pacific coasts on the same trip. It would definately be a 1st for me in 25+ years of riding, and I'm sooooo looking forward to it!

I'm self employed and have a month of lag right now between contracts, so this is about the only time Il'l be able to travel unless I wait until August for a planned Sturgis and Pacific Coast Highway trip. This past year was insane business wise, so I never really had a chance to go anywhere other than a couple nearby rallies.

-Tim

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
How exciting! Ride safely! I would avoid the Baja peninsula though, with all the Mexican unrest of late. But you should have plenty to explore between Los Angeles and San Diego.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Tim, I am retired, but will be in Florida after the 21st of January.

If you here by then, and a0re interested, e mail me and I will show you around some of the areas in Southern California.

greg

[email protected]

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks for the imfo guys,yeah with the holidays coming up ill be busy and wont have time to test ride either bike.and i wasnt planning on lane splitting with either bike lol.yeah on the vision the trunk to me didnt look right, the rear of the bike has nice angles then the trunk goes in another direction.the xc trunk looks good easier to remove and easier to add.the backrest xc i can add heated grips and extras the xc might be the way to go.ill have to look into covers for the engine guard or winglets to direct air away from my legs for the xc.i call santa rosa v twin in calif today got there address,soon as i get time ill stop by there test ride a bike

1 - 20 of 27 Posts