Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, all, from sunny Northeast Ohio. Jumped over here from the ZX forums, as I'm about to enter the world of the Tourer. Always was interested in the Victory, ever since the days of the old 92, and now I'm in a position (and have the desire) to buy one. I even think I've convinced my friend to give up his Ultra Classic and switch to a Vision. Here's the issue: I live in the Cleveland area, in proximity to 4 dealerships, all within about a 45 minute drive. We spent about 2 hours yesterday at one of the dealers, had a really nice chat with the salesman, and took a couple of 'test sits' on an '09 Premium and a '10 Tour with ABS. The dealer said that the price was going to be $20K+ for the '09 and north of $23K for the '10 ($21K+ without the ABS) and really didn't seem all that interested in wanting to deal. I'm having a hard time believing that I'm obligated to paying full sticker for the bike, and my friend is ready to just walk away (especially since I paid $8400 new for my ZX14 which listed out at $11300, and my friend was able to score his HD for about $4K off list AND get almost full value for his GoldWing in a trade). The question is this: What have the members paid for their Visions, where, and how equipped? I don't want to overpay....but Hell if I'm going to go to the dealer and embarrass myself by not even being in the ballpark with an offer. Thanks in advance.

DW

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
I don't have a Vision but the 2010 you may not get a deal on BUT the older models you should. If the dealer you went to doesn't want to deal move on. When I bought my 06 Jackpot premium I wanted to buy local. The local dealer had the Black premium for 19k. I shopped around and found the same exact year and model at another dealer for 17.8k out the door. My local dealer would not budge so I bought it from the other dealer.

Its always good to shop around.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Greetings, all, from sunny Northeast Ohio. Jumped over here from the ZX forums, as I'm about to enter the world of the Tourer. Always was interested in the Victory, ever since the days of the old 92, and now I'm in a position (and have the desire) to buy one. I even think I've convinced my friend to give up his Ultra Classic and switch to a Vision. Here's the issue: I live in the Cleveland area, in proximity to 4 dealerships, all within about a 45 minute drive. We spent about 2 hours yesterday at one of the dealers, had a really nice chat with the salesman, and took a couple of 'test sits' on an '09 Premium and a '10 Tour with ABS. The dealer said that the price was going to be $20K+ for the '09 and north of $23K for the '10 ($21K+ without the ABS) and really didn't seem all that interested in wanting to deal. I'm having a hard time believing that I'm obligated to paying full sticker for the bike, and my friend is ready to just walk away (especially since I paid $8400 new for my ZX14 which listed out at $11300, and my friend was able to score his HD for about $4K off list AND get almost full value for his GoldWing in a trade). The question is this: What have the members paid for their Visions, where, and how equipped? I don't want to overpay....but Hell if I'm going to go to the dealer and embarrass myself by not even being in the ballpark with an offer. Thanks in advance.

DW
I recently ordered a 2010 Vision with ABS and reverse gear at a Canadian dealer. I had an 06 Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe with numerous upgrades as a trade-in. The original price quoted before we did the deal was $26,424.00 CDN for the bike plus $85 for licensing plus taxes (which add another 13% in this area). The out the door price with all in was just shy of $30K Canuck bucks which are typically between five and ten cents less than their Yankee counterparts these days. So an equivalent American base price would have been about $24.5K (allowing for a 7% currency difference).

What closed the deal for me was that, although the sales rep told me he could not negotiate on a special factory order like mine, he did inform me that there would be no hidden charges like freight and dealer prep like other dealers tack on when they write up the deal. He offered me $9.5K for my trade-in and agreed to bump that up to an even $10K when I asked. He also picked up my trade (too cold to ride it in), a 70 mile round trip at no extra charge. They currently have my trade-in on their floor and are only asking $11.5K for it, so they won't be making a lot on it when it sells (likely for less than the asking price).

I have since added a number of Victory accessories to the original deal and they have informed me that any accessories that are ordered before I take possession of the bike will be installed at no extra charge. The prices quoted on these accessories have all been lower (in CDN dollars) than those quoted on the Victory website (in U.S. dollars).

Beware of dealers who discount the top line then build it back again with backdoor charges. This was the experiance we had when my wife bought her Suzuki.

·
Registered
163 Posts
On pre 2010 you can get very good deals, I just bought a brand new 2007 Jackpot that was listed for $20k for $13,500. Victory sent me a coupon in the mail for $500 on pre-2010 models. After the 1st of the year or if all the pre-2010 are gone the deals may not be so great.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Greetings from northeast Ohio.

Dragonwing I'm also from ne.Ohio. I bought my 08 KP from Allohio motorsports in Bedford Hts. they treated me real good there. You know that they were part of the Southeast H.D. family. The price and service I get from them is outstanding. I don't know if you tried them yet, but gave them a try. I live in the Painesville area. You know we got a Quakersteak and Lube in Mentor know and their bike nights are on Thursday's

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Dragonwing, i purchased a 09 Vision Comfort in late Nov. 09 my local dealer was trying to put the screws to me here in Oklahoma City. I called the dealer in Tulsa told them what was going on with what I was looking at here in OKC they called the dealer here and called me back and asked me if I wanted that bike or they had one in stock and told me about it. The one in Tulsa was more what I wanted and less money that I was going to pay here in OKC. Check with them all you may get the bike you have your eye on at your local dealer.

All of the dealers have the bikes on a floor plan which mean Victory owns them. Very few dealers will pay for the bikes up front so a dealer transfer can be made getting you the bike you really want. I hope this helps. Ride Safe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts