Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 victory kingpin
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to switch up from my kingpin to either (used of course) a XC or a XR...any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
13,699 Posts
I think you would be happy with either one. The XR is a nice middle ground between a KP and an XC. It has some good benefits of both.

A lot of Harley people compare it to the HD Roadking which I think is a fair comparison. You get the benefits of an open-road long haul bagger and the sleekness of an around town bike. JMHO, YMMV. FWIW.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,663 Posts
XC. Gotta have the tunes. 🎵🎶

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
I've owned all three bikes. I loved the Kingpin, but the bags were too small to take on longer trips. (at least, for my taste). I also didn't like the double-stacked pipes on the right.

I traded up to a CrossRoads, and took that on a 3000 mile trip up into the Colorado Rockies. I added the passenger backrest and a luggage rack, added a third-party leather tour bag to that, then used the back seat with cargo straps to tie down bigger things like tent and sleeping bag.

It performed beautifully, and was a joy to ride the entire time. I felt that the soft bags were still a tad small for what I was after, and I really liked the Cross Country's look, so I found a Cross Country 8-ball, to which the original owner had added a tour pack.

Initially, I felt that the Cross Roads was a smoother bike on the road, and that the Cross Country needed some help to eliminate buffeting and head shake at highway speeds. After adding lower fork deflectors (from witchdoctor's), and switching the stock shorty windscreen over to a v-stream touring windscreen, I feel that the Cross Country is my favorite of the three.

Regardless, they're all fantastic bikes...

--aaron

·
Registered
2004 victory kingpin
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I want tunes and hard bags and faring...
Getting to old not to have those features and my kingpin is in great shape..but it's a rebuilt engine and an 04...
I've owned all three bikes. I loved the Kingpin, but the bags were too small to take on longer trips. (at least, for my taste). I also didn't like the double-stacked pipes on the right.

I traded up to a CrossRoads, and took that on a 3000 mile trip up into the Colorado Rockies. I added the passenger backrest and a luggage rack, added a third-party leather tour bag to that, then used the back seat with cargo straps to tie down bigger things like tent and sleeping bag.

It performed beautifully, and was a joy to ride the entire time. I felt that the soft bags were still a tad small for what I was after, and I really liked the Cross Country's look, so I found a Cross Country 8-ball, to which the original owner had added a tour pack.

Initially, I felt that the Cross Roads was a smoother bike on the road, and that the Cross Country needed some help to eliminate buffeting and head shake at highway speeds. After adding lower fork deflectors (from witchdoctor's), and switching the stock shorty windscreen over to a v-stream touring windscreen, I feel that the Cross Country is my favorite of the three.

Regardless, they're all fantastic bikes...

--aaron
Thx for the feedback

1 - 6 of 6 Posts