Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 2008 Jackpot. Love the bike and even for long rides its ok because I have the single piece touring seat on it for the last few years. However my legs are a bit stretched so longer rides DO bother me by making my legs and knees sore. Lack of much suspension travel makes crappy roads painful (which up here in New England there are an endless supply of). I love the way this bike handles even though it is a heavy steering bike. And I love the sound it makes with the Ness slash cuts on it.

Yesterday I took her in for an issue with the pulley making way too much noise and a few paint issues the bike is already having. They're going to attempt to warranty these things. While there I found a few CC's I really liked. We did the math with a saleswoman and with discounts etc its a really good deal. I enjoyed riding the CC. Comfortable, seems just as fast. Nice nice bike. ABS is cool to have. Didn't like how quiet it is so we priced it out with either D&D's and Ness big honkers. Also needs I think a Klockworks windshield because the stubby one on it pushes all the wind right into my face moving my sunglasses all over the place. Otherwise ergonomics of the bike are good and it would be nice to have a bike with bags on it again as I'm getting tired of taking a backpack with me everywhere when I need to pack stuff. The CC's I narrowed it down to was the pearl white with black accents/pipes and the two tone matte black and matte gray finish with chrome accents. Leaning towards the two tone even though its a tad bit more.

Any advice? Thoughts, concerns etc about moving to a CC from a JP?

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
Advice? DO IT! You won't regret it.

Now, that I got that out of the way, it won't quite have the same pickup that the JP had due to it being tuned a little differently. That can be remedied with the Stage 1 kit unless yo plan on doing more mods such as a fuel controller and/or cams.

I rode a GoldWing for 10 years and this CCT is much more comfortable for me. ABS is great, especially on gravel driveways :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have both jackpot and XCT you can't go wrong.

2006 Jackpot
2012 Cross Country Tour
Ness Big Honkers
LoydsAir Filter & Timing Wheel
PCV & Autotune

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I loved the low speed handling of the CC. Really not into the CR. My buddy just bought one and they're styling with paint and the bags looks too...pepere-ish for me personally (I'd also much rather have the fairing than just a windshield if I went to the bagger).

·
Registered
586 Posts
Agreed on the XR Classic looks. I like the 2010 & 2011 XR's best. Pull the trigger on the CC and enjoy the ride!

·
13,239 Posts
The only bad part with a CC is its a all day ride. You'll find out come sat morning you'll head out into the country roads and before you know it you'll have 200 miles on and have seen some great country side. Next bad thing will be over night trips.
Before I for get its a great ride to the bar too

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I have both jackpot and XCT you can't go wrong.

2006 Jackpot
2012 Cross Country Tour
Ness Big Honkers
LoydsAir Filter & Timing Wheel
PCV & Autotune
Am I the only one jealous over this tidbit ? :D

·
Registered
121 Posts
I also ride a Jackpot. A 2009. I love the bike and everything about it. I have ridden most of the other Victory's and would love to own one of the baggers. The big problem for me is that I want both. I want to keep the Jackpot and ADD a bagger to the stable. I would like to retire to Colorado in a few years and know when I get there a Victory bagger will be my first purchase. Buy what you like, ride what you like. I have tried most of the Victory line up and would Love to own one of each. Good luck with your decision

·
Registered
426 Posts
I had an 07 JP that I sold so I could by my XC. I miss my JP for simple little trips around town, but I don’t regret getting rid of it for the XC. Ill just have to pick up another JP later.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Yeah I originally wanted to wait another year and just buy a CC to add to my collection with the Jackpot. However I feel I would never really ride the Jackpot enough to justify still owning it, maintaining it, and keeping it registered

I know the D&D's are a little quieter than my Ness slash cuts and the Big Honkers are just inserts to the existing stock looking pipes (but are apparently much louder). Any other quality options to consider before I may pull the trigger?

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Yeah I originally wanted to wait another year and just buy a CC to add to my collection with the Jackpot. However I feel I would never really ride the Jackpot enough to justify still owning it, maintaining it, and keeping it registered

I know the D&D's are a little quieter than my Ness slash cuts and the Big Honkers are just inserts to the existing stock looking pipes (but are apparently much louder). Any other quality options to consider before I may pull the trigger?
Backrest...

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Redrocker backrest for me or the passenger as I was considering one for my pass...the lock and ride.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Redrocker backrest for me or the passenger as I was considering one for my pass...the lock and ride.
Yeah, I should have said, driver and passenger. thumb up

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is the klockwerks flare windshield the one that will resolve the buffeting issue I am jhaving with the stock windshield on the one I test rode?

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
our needs vary for sure

i love my hammer + don't do long rides, always liked the naked!!! bikes! a penske shock makes a world of difference + i love its handling. goot buy what suits you! addons are best read cheaper done by you unless $$$ are abundant or can't or do not like wrenching. you can save $$$$ doing most of your own work. good luck with whatever you get!!!

·
Premium Member
13,704 Posts
Is the klockwerks flare windshield the one that will resolve the buffeting issue I am jhaving with the stock windshield on the one I test rode?
How tall are you? If you are 5' 9" - 5' 11" the Gustofason +3 in a light tint would look and work very well for you.

Will they install a fuel tuner for you? I would forget the Stage 1 flash and go that route personally. The stock and Stage 1 factory tunes are just too lean IMHO. I would also consider the Lloydz air filter and timing wheel to really smooth the motor out and let it run its best. I don't know what they think might void the warranty on any of these things so it's a good question to ask them.

The D&D's are excellent and have had great reviews by those who have them.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the reply Bob. Yes they will install a fuel controller if I ask them to. We had already discussed how there is no map for the big honkers so I would have to have one if I went that route instead of the D&D's so they most certainly would swap that in place of a stage 1 map if I asked them to.

Regarding the windshield that looks like a nice shield. I am 5'9" so I don't know how the Gustafsson +3 compares to the Klockwerks Flare. I don't think I need much over what is there now (stock short one). Just a few more inches to push the wind higher than where it lands now at my eyeballs.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
factory tunes??

their hands are tied by law. using the adjustable Gen IV fuel tuner either Lloydz or Dobeck the maker of it, is a great option for most. you set what you want + tuner does the rest. as i stated do-it-yourself saves big $$$$. i am no pro + installed the Dobeck unit, upgraded shock + a dual disc setup. get a manual or download one, take your time as i do, you can learn as you go. a small independent bike mechanic is still prolly half the dealer cost, IMO few are worth the $100 or slightly less charged. there are times you gotta bite the bullet for sure!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
their hands are tied by law. using the adjustable Gen IV fuel tuner either Lloydz or Dobeck the maker of it, is a great option for most. you set what you want + tuner does the rest. as i stated do-it-yourself saves big $$$$. i am no pro + installed the Dobeck unit, upgraded shock + a dual disc setup. get a manual or download one, take your time as i do, you can learn as you go. a small independent bike mechanic is still prolly half the dealer cost, IMO few are worth the $100 or slightly less charged. there are times you gotta bite the bullet for sure!
Dude I am having the hardest time following what you're saying. Their hands aren't tied. They would definitely install eithr a stage 1 map or a fuel tuner, whichever I preferred. Considering I don't want to buy the bike and have immediate downtime it's worth it to just roll it in to the payment and have them install the pipes etc. this time. Everything after I will install myself.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts