Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went to a bike trade-show this past weekend to look at all the new bikes coming out for this year and I'm actually pretty disappointed right now because I didn't like one of the color offerings for this year's Cross Country.

I'd like to have the CC in crimson or midnight cherry.

I know that some people will suggest locating a 2010 but I want the newer transmission, etc... so that's not an option.

Now, I'll have to wait and see what comes down the pipe for 2012. The problem with that is that by the time that I'd receive one of those 2012s, our riding season up here in Canada would be over or darned close to it anyway.

That means that I'll have to wait until about this time next year to order a bike that I like.

·
Registered
336 Posts
That sucks!!! I can understand the want for the new transmission but the 2010's IMO is not a compromise.... I love mine.

Hopefully you can find what you are looking for!!!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Have you tried special order? Bigseadaddy has a Cross Roads with the Extreme Skulls paint scheme that officially was only available on the 2010 Cross Country. This proves its possible.
Have you considered buying black and accenting or repainting it? You could do a solid crimson, a two tone black over crimson, a two tone crimson over black.
Paint is fixable; you found the bike you like -- buy it, ride the hell out of it and when next winter comes around send it to the paint shop.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know, maybe the transmission in the 2010s will turn out to be better then this new one, I have heard a few complaints already.

To special order, would you have to do that through your Victory dealer? It looks like you can't even send Victory a flippin' email!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Humbucker, I was at the show on Saturday. I personally like the white on white but I like the crimson a lot too. I wouldn't turn down a deal on a 2010 because of the transmission. I've heard from several people that its not that much different. Technically, it is better, but in the real world, its not a big deal. It isn't worth waiting over a year for.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
How long are you willing to wait? So far, on the Cross bikes, the only color kept on both the 2010 and 2011 was black. If Victory does this (as they seem to do it on the other models as well), then you're almost guaranteed not to get a red again on this model.

Meanwhile, you could ride a black or blue or white for the time being, and if and when they make the reds again, you can always sell it and replace it with a red one.

I wanted a white Cross Roads, as shown in their pre-production pictures for the 2010 model. They didn't make one. For 2011 there wasn't one either. I went ahead and got a black one, and enjoying it greatly. If they come up with a white later on, I can always sell my black one, and get a white one. It's more fun to wait while riding, then to wait while looking at pictures. cheers

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
HB,
You are turning what should be a wise choose and simple decision into a science project. The main reason people buy bikes, cars, and most everything else is they like the product. If you like the bike but don't like the color buy the bike and paint it or do like CrossRoads says and trade into the color you want. You could keep waiting but way happens if there's no reds in 2012? Are you going to wait until 2013? Waiting for a specific color could keep you waiting for a lot of time you could have spent riding.

As far as ordering special colors go I don't know; Bigseadaddy got his because someone else ordered it and backed out. Ask your dealer, ask the district manager (you can get the name from your dealer), post the question on the Victory Facebook page. Note that Facebook is watched by at least one Victory employee who has helped several people.

Send me a PM and I'll send you the name of someone that may be able to give you the info you need.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I went to a bike trade-show this past weekend to look at all the new bikes coming out for this year and I'm actually pretty disappointed right now because I didn't like one of the color offerings for this year's Cross Country.

I'd like to have the CC in crimson or midnight cherry.

I know that some people will suggest locating a 2010 but I want the newer transmission, etc... so that's not an option.

Now, I'll have to wait and see what comes down the pipe for 2012. The problem with that is that by the time that I'd receive one of those 2012s, our riding season up here in Canada would be over or darned close to it anyway.

That means that I'll have to wait until about this time next year to order a bike that I like.
Just sounds like an excuse to me. If you want one BUY it. Paint it in a year or two and it will seem like a new purchase>:cool:

·
Registered
336 Posts
I agree about the repaint.

I got a helluva deal cuz the guy did special order and then backed out. My dealer did not want to get stuck with the bike and the skulls did not sale real well for victory. I am "OK" with them but not in "LOVE" with them.

I AM IN LOVE WITH THE BIKE!!!!

I may be the only XR with the skull paint job but that would not stop me from repainting or swapping tins with someone!

If I get tired of chasing swirls in the black paint :crzy: Then I may go to a pearl white or a silver, who knows.

But I agree 100% if you can get a bike then go for it... Hell the money you save (if you can) paint the bike some real killer paint scheme!!!

TO me this is the true way to make your bike yours!!!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for your replies guys.

I know that I was off on a major whine but I guess I was in a bit of a foul mood as it was already. Too much overtime at work and waaaayyyyyy too many storms, enough with the snow already!!! Feel more upbeat today.

There's another option too of course and that's to pull the trigger on a Cross Roads, which does come in Crimson. I'm not hell-bent on having a fairing and it is cheaper too.

The only negative with this year's Cross Roads though is that they've narrowed the seat to accommodate the leather saddlebags. My wife preferred the seat on the Cross Country. I wonder how hard it would be to get the CR with the CC seat(same seat that the CR had in 2010).

As far as the differences between the transmission in the 2011 compared to the one in 2010, I'm just going by what I've read. The salesmen at the show all said that there's hardly a difference, so if they're not feeding me B.S., maybe the whole thing has been blown out of proportion.

I know that I'll make it a point to get over to the demo rides this summer so that I can finally have a first-hand account of how well these bikes perform. They look great and have lots of great reviews but I've got to see for myself.

Thanks again for sharing your views!thumb up

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
CR is a great choice for you since you're deadset on getting crimson paint.

As far as the passenger set goes I have to say don't knock it till you try it. The passenger portion on a 2011 CR seat is about 3" narrower than the 2010 CR or 2010-11 CC seat.

My wife and I test rode a 2010 CC; she liked the seat -- on our 2011 CR she loves the seat. The seat on the CC was wide and comfy but it also caused her legs to fall asleep from prolonged pressure on the back of her thighs. Sort of like sitting on a toilet too long...

If she wants to wider seat ask your dealer if you can trade for one. Or get the touring seat or low seat; they are both the CC size and can be ordered with heat.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Like ammo_umb said, ask the dealer to trade the seat. They get some XC riders asking for the XR seat, so it should be no problem as long as you tell them you must have it.

Also like ammo_umb's case, my wife preferred the narrower seat of the 2011 XR.

Just make sure you get the seat that makes her happy. Or else... we all know what happens. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts