Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The right lower is loose on my 2012 Cross Country Tour. I tried tightening the three bolts that I figured would work. The bottom one is tight and the other two will not tighten, like they are in plastic threads and stripped or the nut is turning with them. I tried taking them out and they won't come out. I was able to loosen the bottom bolt but didn't take it all the way out.
Can't tell if the bolts loosen and the lowers slip off, or if the bolts come out and something is actually around the crash bar.
I thought it might be in owner's manual or a quick find on the net. but no luck.
Didn't want to call the dealer for something that I should be able to figure out.
Any thoughts? (besides I'm stupid)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Leave it alone. Stuff like that is why it comes with a warranty. And if you tell them you tried to tighten it up they'll likely say you stripped it and it's no longer a warranty covered item. Just tell them it rattlesthumb up

·
Registered
381 Posts
Leave it alone. Stuff like that is why it comes with a warranty. And if you tell them you tried to tighten it up they'll likely say you stripped it and it's no longer a warranty covered item. Just tell them it rattlesthumb up
I second this. Play dumb or the dealer (some, not all) may look for an excuse not to honor the warrantee.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts