Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help, I lost the key to my gas cap on my 2009 Vegas. The key is not the ignition key because it's a chrome, Victory replacement gas cap. I'm sure I'm not the first one that this has happened to. I have an appointment with a locksmith....so I'm looking for some ideas.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Help, I lost the key to my gas cap on my 2009 Vegas. The key is not the ignition key because it's a chrome, Victory replacement gas cap. I'm sure I'm not the first one that this has happened to. I have an appointment with a locksmith....so I'm looking for some ideas.
After locksmith gets it open and if you still have your original......just swap out internals with your original and you with have to use only one key again.

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
To vrotciv and everyone: always, always, always carry spare keys in your pockets. If you drop your key down a sewer, or between the boards of a pier (I've seen that happen) you can travel on with the spare you so thoughtfully put in your pocket before the ride (or drive). I won't leave home without spare keys. Guess what the most frequent call AAA gets?

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
I took the lock mechanism out of my original gas cap when I got the new shiny chrome gas cap. Will the gas cap come out if you remove the bolts?
Don't think it will...but have not tried.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts