Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was out looking at my bike this after noon getting it ready to ride to work in the morning and notice i had lost my left tank badge so gonna call the dealer tommorror or tuesday to see if that is under a warrenty i will hate to have to buy one and reglue bike only 4 month old

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
i was out looking at my bike this after noon getting it ready to ride to work in the morning and notice i had lost my left tank badge so gonna call the dealer tommorror or tuesday to see if that is under a warrenty i will hate to have to buy one and reglue bike only 4 month old
Prolly stolen. A Harley dealer was telling me about all the tank badges that got nicked from the last Harley anniversary editions. He anticipates the same thing with this year's anniversary badge too.

Good luck with that. Personally, I wouldn't mind much if someone took mine if they were careful removing it. The new ones look better on bikes painted primary colors. The new Harley ones look real nice against their color scheme.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Let me know if The dealership does NOT cover it. I have one that I will put in the mail for you no charge.
bcflyguy AKA Neil wac

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Just take the other off! IMO the XR looks better without them. I took mine off a couple of months ago because the right one was coming loose on its own. I made up for it by getting a Script cheese wedge badge to go on the left wedge.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Prolly stolen. A Harley dealer was telling me about all the tank badges that got nicked from the last Harley anniversary editions. He anticipates the same thing with this year's anniversary badge too.

Good luck with that. Personally, I wouldn't mind much if someone took mine if they were careful removing it. The new ones look better on bikes painted primary colors. The new Harley ones look real nice against their color scheme.
No it wasn't stolen it flew off on my way to work the other morn I felt something hit my arm and thought it might have been asmall bird or bat but now I know what it was

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Let me know if The dealership does NOT cover it. I have one that I will put in the mail for you no charge.
bcflyguy AKA Neil wac
I appreciate it will let u know

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just take the other off! IMO the XR looks better without them. I took mine off a couple of months ago because the right one was coming loose on its own. I made up for it by getting a Script cheese wedge badge to go on the left wedge.
I kinda like the way it looks with them on

·
Registered
470 Posts
when i first got my xr i took black silicone and worked it under the edge that sticks out on the badges, then carefully wiped off the excess, to help hold them on and keep out water.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i reckon thats what i need to do so they dont come off again
i reckon the dealer was closed today for the holiday so i will call them again tommorrow to find out if that is coverd under the warrenty

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just talked to the dealer and he said victory consider it a cosmetic thing

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
So the dealer is not going to replace your badge? If not then that is kind of silly on Victorys part, it is free advertising for them! They actually should give them away to anybody who wants one because Vic is the one gaining the most from it.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I agree and victory should use better glue to hold them on

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Just talked to the dealer and he said victory consider it a cosmetic thing
That sounds like a load of crap!!! So they won't give you another one under warranty????? I have one that I just took off a 2012 Cross country tour if you need it you can have it
bcflyguy

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks sent you a pm

·
Registered
66 Posts
I agree and victory should use better glue to hold them on
Agree. One of the tank badges on my XC (with ~500 miles on it at the time) blew off going the highway. Was thinking about getting the "Victory Motorcycle" lettering anyway...this just sped up the process. :rolleyes:

·
13,263 Posts
Do you blame dealer for not trying or ordering you one?
We can't say Vic denied you unless you were sitting there when dealer called them or if you saw there reply to dealers email.
I'm guessing dealer is the lame ass not Vic

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
If your badges are flying off, you guys are riding too fast! :ltr: And, there is less drag without the badges. ;)

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Do you blame dealer for not trying or ordering you one?
We can't say Vic denied you unless you were sitting there when dealer called them or if you saw there reply to dealers email.
I'm guessing dealer is the lame ass not Vic
I agree don't think the dealer wanted to mess with it so I started thinking ( smoke coming out of ear ) I have another dealer a little further away never used them but I called and ask them bout it told me to bring bike up there they would take pix and send to victory to see what they bout it so if I don't have to work Saturday I will take up there to them

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If your badges are flying off, you guys are riding too fast! :ltr: And, there is less drag without the badges. ;)
I never ride faster than my angel can fly

·
Registered
470 Posts
I agree don't think the dealer wanted to mess with it so I started thinking ( smoke coming out of ear ) I have another dealer a little further away never used them but I called and ask them bout it told me to bring bike up there they would take pix and send to victory to see what they bout it so if I don't have to work Saturday I will take up there to them
let me guess, the guys at exit 11 wouldn't help? thats a shock!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts