Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you crack your throttle, get on the throttle?

I’m curious about those that have loud exhausts. I’m talking non stock.

I for one like and have my exhaust loud. I like the sound plus I personally have experiences where my LOUD exhaust saved my ass.

Do I crack the throttle do I get on the throttle? Of course I do BUT I don’t do it in residential neighborhoods.

Even though I have some inconsiderate neighbors that come home at all hours of the morning with their car sound systems BOOMING, I choose to be considerate of my neighbors.

When I leave my home, I ride as quietly as possible to the boulevard. I try and respect the fact that some of my neighbors may not share the same taste in exhaust music as I do. When I enter ANY residential neighborhood I ride as quietly as possible.

I had 3 friends ride up to my place last summer at 10pm, 2 HD’s 1 Vic cracking the crap out of their throttles. I went outside and jumped their asses about making all that damn noise not to mention I was already asleep!!!

IMO…. playing around, showing off just plain being inconsiderate of other people and cracking the throttle, hard acceleration in residential neighborhoods is one of the reasons people are pushing so hard for sound regulations on bikes.

Ok……I’m done.

·
Registered
567 Posts
We were doing a ride last summer and were cruising along then BAM....Road check....they checked every Biker...license, registration, insurance and helmets....then one by one we got to ride through a "sound check" and yes they actually measured the decibels from each and every bike...those in violation of the code got a $250 ticket....I like loud pipes but prefer to use performance as my guideline and if they are loud too then that's even better....but not to go and pay the State extra cash for the priviledge.....

·
12,984 Posts
I am with you Diamond
respect you neighbors whether you like them or not. Its to small of a world to piss them off and make your life miserable.
Loud pipes have there place out in the sticks. Let riders decide. I have pushed my bike to the end of the block at 5 in the morning just to keep piece. Kids do not understand what its about and thats why we have noise restriction now.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Respect is the key to all things in the MC world. However, that being said, the Stage 1 Kit for X bikes, suck. I'm not just talking about sound, I'm talking also about HP and torque. For 700$ a pop, you just don't get the bang for your buck. This forces Vic riders to go elsewhere to get performance parts (what's with that, Victory?).
Victory needs to get with the program and produce performance kits for the X bikes that really improve performance. What about it? I can't hear you!!!

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
My pipes are pretty loud.They give good performance but, like you say,
it's hard to go through a neighborhood without everyone noticing.I try and keep it down in neighborhoods, but even "Boulevards" are someones neighborhood.
On a different 'note'(hehe), My pipes drive me nuts on long rides.My right ear gets a hammering, even with earplugs.Which I wear most of the time, unless I have the Zune in.ALthough it will be interesting with my new fairing with stereo.
It would be great if someone would come out with a pipe that gives excellent performance and is quieter than the thrashers that are available now.I mean, I want a 'low rumble' at idle or low rpms, with a fair 'bark' when on the pipe.

·
12,984 Posts
it's hard to go through a neighborhood without everyone noticing.I try and keep it down in neighborhoods, but even "Boulevards" are someones neighborhood.
On a different 'note'(hehe), My pipes drive me nuts on long rides.My right ear gets a hammering, even with earplugs.Which I wear most of the time, unless I have the Zune in.ALthough it will be interesting with my new fairing with stereo.
It would be great if someone would come out with a pipe that gives excellent performance and is quieter than the thrashers that are available now.I mean, I want a 'low rumble' at idle or low rpms, with a fair 'bark' when on the pipe.
Bang for the bucks? I paid $ 20 thousand for a 92 horse bike and find out is only 88 horse. How can victory say one thing and bend you over and give the short one. Yes S1 is a joke they can have mine back.:confused:

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Thats easy the Victory Stage 1 Performance System. Part # 2874766

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bang for the bucks? I paid $ 20 thousand for a 92 horse bike and find out is only 88 horse. How can victory say one thing and bend you over and give the short one. Yes S1 is a joke they can have mine back.:confused:
I believe the the claim of 92HP is at the crank.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My old pipes are the Vic stage 1's and they weigh a ton and make my bike steer right.But as far as sound, they did sound great.I wish I could get that sound out of the pipes I have.
Which stage 1's? There are the slipons and then the full system. The full system weigh a LOT less than stock and the slipos.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Which stage 1's? There are the slipons and then the full system. The full system weigh a LOT less than stock and the slipos.
They are the slip-ons.
I may put a 2 into 1 on next.I wish Supertrapp made one for my bike.
I contacted them about a pipe a while back and they claim that one they sell is for 06-07 and they don't know if they will fit an 05 as the mounting is a little different.ANd they don't think it would work. Too bad because you can adjust sound and performance with a Supertrapp

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The full system (not slipons) I'm referring to is probably the BEST 2 into 2 system for HP and TQ gains.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Like D said. The 92 number is clearly stated as being measured at the crank. Could be worse you could have bought a CVO ultra for $35000 with a 110" and 80HP to the tire

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Who advertises their car or motorcycle's horsepower at the wheel? I must be sheltered as I've always seen car and bike manufacturers advertise the horsepower measured at the crank.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Respect for my neighbors so I'll idle through the neighborhood, and keep driveway runtime at a minimum.
I'll give it a crack on underpasses, or maybe a parking garage if I hear the "chirp" of a cheap car alarm as I'm idling through looking for a spot. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Who advertises their car or motorcycle's horsepower at the wheel? I must be sheltered as I've always seen car and bike manufacturers advertise the horsepower measured at the crank.
Yup......You want to see some people with broken hearts. Just follow your local Vette club to a dyno day. When reality sets in you can hear a pin drop

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Yup......You want to see some people with broken hearts. Just follow your local Vette club to a dyno day. When reality sets in you can hear a pin drop
LOL :ltr:

Yeah, people assume it's at the wheel, but nobody ever advertises the power at the wheel. A manufacturer wants to show you the bigger of the two numbers, especially since everybody else does.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ok, I'm ready for loud pipes. What do you guys recommend? I used to own a vstar with cobra dragster with big city thunder baffles. Man, I loved those pipes. I used to walk my old bike nearly a block away so I wouldn't wake up the neighbors, because I would leave for work at 5:15 am. They were so loud, they would set off car alarms. I was noticed by other drivers, and twice saved my ass. Yeah, I'm done with these quiet pipes on my 2013 CCT.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I welded these tips up, powder coated them black and hollowed out the cross over in the exhaust and now my bike is louder than any of the bikes I ride with. Harleys, Victorys, doesnt matter. for all of about $40 I got a loud exhaust that doesnt look to shabby.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts