Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2002 TC makes a loud knock when the forks are depressed. I'll put on the front brake and push the bike forward to test the shocks when this happens all the time. It also makes this noise while hitting bumps on the road. I just replaced the fork oil, but that didn't make any difference. Any ideas?

·
Registered
611 Posts
It's not the forks, it's the head bearings. They are most likely loose so whenever you hit a bump or the brakes your front end is shifting in the frame causing the clunk. I'm surprised it's not also causing some significant steering and/or stability issues for you. Pull the triples off and inspect the bearings for damage. If they are ok, repack with grease, reassemble and properly adjust the bearings. That should eliminate the issue.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll have to check for the tree's bearings. But I swear that the sound came from the forks. Stability and steering seem to be ok, but I definitely need to check the steering bearing. Thanks for the help:)

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Geez, I just embarked on a whole fork replacement, felt like mine were bottoming. In fact, I still think one was as the feeling was more pronounced to one side...it was the other side that was spilling fork oil after a dealership fork reseal though.

Anyway, great suggestion to rule out the tree.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts