Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
i just traded 08 kp for a cct & i had bassonie split duels on her and thay rocked hard. throutle up and they would blast folks out behind and around you, but was complaymented on how great they were.
i miss it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha living on a miltary instalation helps. I just want to make sure I get something loud and dont have to end up swapin pipe mulitple times. I'll take a look at both of those thanks for the heads up

·
Registered
29 Posts
My hacker zoomies are pretty damn loud. I have to roll down the hill and get away from my neighbors before I turn it over in the mornings. The up side is that you'll see the truckers check their mirrors for you when you are at least a good 40 yards away. Let us know what you get.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I got an '09 kingpin 8-ball and I want the loudest pipes on the market. Any suggestions?
Suggestions??? Start saving for hearing aids.

·
Registered
782 Posts
"Loud pipes save lives"

No they don't.

But it's ok to just want loud pipes because you love loud pipes, I know I do.

RPW Slash are loud. Conquest Customs Octanes and Ground Pounders are the loudest I know of for our bikes.

Anything made in a short length for our bikes will be the loudest.

·
13,003 Posts
"Loud pipes save lives"

No they don't.

RPW Slash are loud. Conquest Customs Octanes and Ground Pounders are the loudest I know of for our bikes.

This shirts says it all don't ever think loud pipes will save any one life

·
Registered
396 Posts
hey guys,are the rpw big slash pipes louder
than the rpw slash pipes?:confused:

·
Premium Member
4,875 Posts
My hacker zoomies are pretty damn loud. I have to roll down the hill and get away from my neighbors before I turn it over in the mornings. The up side is that you'll see the truckers check their mirrors for you when you are at least a good 40 yards away. Let us know what you get.
The Zommies are cool! I love the look.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
I know for a FACT that the loud pipes on Porti saved me from being hit twice. Did it save my life? I can't say I would have died or not from the collisions but they definitely saved me from a collision!!

Maybe saying, loud pipes save collisions, is better.

·
Registered
293 Posts
"Loud pipes save lives"

No they don't.

Dude where did you get that shirt. I need one for when I ride with my Harley buddies.

I just laugh my ass off when those fools start in on that BS. I always tell them to pay attention and ride better if they really want to be safer.

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
I know this thread is old. But I had to comment.

I truly believe loud pipes have saved my butt on a least 2 different occasions. 1 semi, 1 very old lady. They were definitely going to cut me off. Turning into my lane. 3/4 of the way in, me against the guard rail. One blip of the throttle and they notice you and jump back into their lane quickly.

I guess you could bleep a air horn and have quiet pipes too. But my hand is always on the throttle, and rarely ever on the horn. Just sayin

thumb up

·
Registered
263 Posts
This shirts says it all don't ever think loud pipes will save any one life
Loud pipes alienate non-riders and make the roads less friendly.

Wish my bike were quieter. I manage safety with situational awareness, visibility add-ons, sane riding habits and active positioning in traffic. The extra measure I might see from blowing my eardrums out isn't worth it.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
If you can't hear it I don't want it... Trucks, cars, boats, bikes. Gotta be able to hear them comin or ain't riding it.

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Loud pipes alienate non-riders and make the roads less friendly.

Wish my bike were quieter. I manage safety with situational awareness, visibility add-ons, sane riding habits and active positioning in traffic. The extra measure I might see from blowing my eardrums out isn't worth it.
I always try to position myself in clear view of traffic around me. Sometimes you just end up in a blind spot. I consider myself a pretty good rider. But like to be heard just in case. With that said, I am planning on taking some advanced safety courses. I would ultimately like to ride like those officers in the police courses. :rolleyes: Probably never happen(BEING THAT GOOD), but its a goal of mine.

I do think there is a level of obnoxious for pipes, and people that abuse it. I'm getting a little older 47 so my needs of crazy obnoxious have changed. To some nice debaffled D&D's. I still feel cool, and can be heard without scaring the little kids when I drive by. Including my own.

·
Premium Member
8,801 Posts
Me too. cheers
Me three, Love the feel of the sound that thunders out of my Freedom Performance sharp radius Slash pipes.
Might not be the absolute loudest but theyre definitly the loudest of all the Vics and Indians I ride with from the Brisbane crew...
And yeah the safety aspect of a quick sharp blat gets instant attention where my Vics beepish horn is more likely to cause a laugh!
As a warning to traffic its right there at my right hand the instant some sleepy, or these days texting or facebooking car driver needs a wakeup call.
I live in an industrial area in my workshop so neighbors are not a worry at all.
I love a motorcycle that sounds like a motorcycle.

Also my good car runs a Ford 351 Cleveland V8 with closed chamber big port 4v heads...exhaust is 4-1 headers each side, running into a twin 3" mandrel bent systen with s nalance pipe just behind the gearbox and a pair of Series 40 Floemaster mufflers and 3" tailpipes over the rear axle exiting at the rear bumper.
With a lumpy cam and 750 double pumper Pro series Holley it puts out a very tough note thats music to my ears.

Only one thing better than loud pipes thats loud pipes in a tunnel under load!:D

·
Registered
632 Posts
When you're riding down the street with Obnoxious pipes, And some by-standers are looking at you as you go by, They aren't thinking ;Wow look at that cool dude, Instead they're thinking ;
Look at that ''A'' Hole.. And maybe bikes should be out-Lawed..

1 - 20 of 51 Posts