Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2011 Cross Country a few weeks ago. I've noticed that the clunk when I shift is very loud compared to other bikes I've had in the past. Is this normal with the Cross Country or should I have it looked at? I really hate being without my bike so I would like to know before I bring it in to the dealer and have them look at it for a day only to tell me its normal.

Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
11 Posts
The loud clunk is normal. It is much louder that any bike I have heard, but it is normal. I've had my XC for about 2 months now. At first I was concerned, but now I kind of like the feel and sound of the "clunk" because it sounds very solid. Just accept it and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The loud clunk is normal. It is much louder that any bike I have heard, but it is normal. I've had my XC for about 2 months now. At first I was concerned, but now I kind of like the feel and sound of the "clunk" because it sounds very solid. Just accept it and enjoy the ride.
Thanks for the reply. That's kind of what I figured but I just wanted someone to confirm.

·
Premium Member
13,657 Posts
You might need to adjust the clutch a bit. I find it best to feel the wire cable where it goes into the arm at the primary for tension. You want it just barely without tension.

Adjusting it the way the book says by checking the clutch lever at the handlebars doesn't work as well in my opinion.

These transmissions do clunk though. Especially when shifting into first.

·
Registered
221 Posts
It's loud between 1st to 2nd also. And, even doesn't make it to 2nd some times, and goes into neutral. Then another loud cluck into 2nd. But, maybe that's cause I'm lazy with my up-shift. Never really tried a heel-shifter...

But, when I put the louder RPW exhaust I don't hear the cluck as much! ;);)

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Outfishin give the the search feature a try as this question has been hashed around a lot. The search feature will answer most questions you have. thumb up

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Check out the threads I have pinned at the top of the introductions and rules forum. They will come in handy.

Welcome aboard!cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts