Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i never thought it was possible but, I walked into the dealership, seen her from the front door. I walked over and sat down and didn't leave without my 2006 Hammer.

I was told it was a factory demo and I bought it as a new bike with the new bike warranty. It's a tribal yellow bike with lots of chrome. I'll try to figure out how to put up a picture.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Now that is one sharp lookin Hammer!

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
My first Vic was a Hammer , I loved it . Loving the tribal yellow , enjoy It Brother !cheers

·
Registered
530 Posts
sweet! i'm a little biased myself. :) Welcome to the party Graptor!

cheers

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,706 Posts
Wicked bike! Just need to flick that red helmet now :)
Amazing that a 9 year old bike is almost brand new.
Youll be changing the pipes I guess?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wicked bike! Just need to flick that red helmet now :)
Amazing that a 9 year old bike is almost brand new.
Youll be changing the pipes I guess?
I've been catching a lot of flack over my red helmet and Jacket, LOL! I'd rather spend money on the bike. I did replace the mirrors over the weekend. I'm not sure about the pipes yet, still figuring out what would look best.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I was reading a thread in the forum about how to tell what the model is by the vin number. If my bike is a 2006 is it a standard or with the chrome is it called a premium?
here is an excerpt from the service manual... i think yours is the same as mine, just a regular hammer because the premium came with chrome rims and triple trees...

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
here is an excerpt from the service manual... i think yours is the same as mine, just a regular hammer because the premium came with chrome rims and triple trees...
Thanks, great information! I do have the S for Standard in my vin. Where do you think I could find the model number on the bike?

·
Registered
530 Posts
hey Graptor,
supposedly it can be found here.. but honestly i haven't checked my bike.
I do know there is a VIN sticker on the clutch side down tube of the frame..
I had to bring my car to work today so I will see if that model number can be
confirmed on the left side of the steering head...

Attachments

·
Registered
530 Posts
yeah i would tend to agree amigo. certainly looks the same to me. lol
cheers

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm taking it down to the dealer this afternoon in this nice weather for new brakes. New tires and breaks were part of the deal. I didn't want 9 year old rubber no matter how unused the bike was.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I'm taking it down to the dealer this afternoon in this nice weather for new brakes. New tires and breaks were part of the deal. I didn't want 9 year old rubber no matter how unused the bike was.
Good, see if they will agree to put Avons on your bike. It is really a better tire and a huge difference in handling. Good luck and have a great/safe time on your bike.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I have torque tubes, PC3, lowered 1 inch, HID head lamp, and various cosmetic modifications like Ness mirrors, open pulley, badges and covers, seats, cruise control, Avon Cobras, electric hookups, kickstand, chrome here and there not stock. I will undertake to take more recent pictures but if you go to my garage on this web site, you can see some of he changes in my Tail of the Dragon pictures as they are the most recent shots of my bike. Again, I suggest you strongly consider Avon Cobras for your tires. They reall out perform the stock Dunlops though they may not last as long. Have fun with you bike. She is a pretty one.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Here are a few more recent pics

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts