Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are made for Harley's but I imagine if someone wanted to get creative they could be adopted for a Vic. Starting at $349. Might seem strange for someone who makes heat shield deflectors to bring this up but no shield can prevent stop and go traffic overheating. Some people ride in some extreme heat conditions. This may be one way to make the ride more bearable.

LOVE JUGS

·
Registered
46 Posts
Another is fitting a LARGE effective (no chrome to block heat transfer) oil cooler with or without fans. Oil is key to heat transfer in any engine and the reason I get good longevity out of my Shovelheads is they get oil coolers first thing when I acquire the motorcycle. Arctic Cat ATV coolers are a nice size and their tab design facilitates making mounts. I use Harley rubber oil tank mounts as isolators.

I don't bother with fans since I don't run parades. If I did that I'd buy a Gold Wing.

$349 for some fans and brackets is absurd but the target market are rich and don't know how to wrench so more power to the manufacturer!

·
Premium Member
4,900 Posts
A small fan drawing air through the oil cooler would help a lot... a good tune does too...

As far as Love Jugs, they blow the heat out the right side... that hot air is blowing on you.

·
Premium Member
13,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You bring up a good point with the oil coolers. An oil cooler with a fan attachment might work better than these jug coolers depending on how the oil flows through the heads and cylinders.

As I remember though; the Twin Cam motors generate a lot more heat than the Shovels. Probably due to design and simply the bigger bore.

I didn't have heat issues on my 69 Shovel but I too ran an oil cooler on it.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
At a glance they may well be candidates for the ultimate Harley appliance

Chrome- show chrome please.
Electric- finally something to put all that excess alternator capacity to work.
Benefit- for three and a half clams the guy tells you on his website that they let an Ultra idle for four days at Daytona with them bad boys on it and it never hit 300 degrees. Well, Daytona, how much more scientifical does it get than that? There;s a video of them running it in a fish tank. All concerns about weather... bugger off.
Mounting- I always hated having that silly horn stuck there. I got a box of them POS's somewhere. Now I can give one a second life restoring it to its former glory on the Evo to hold up them two gadgets. Now between the S&S on the right and that menagerie on the left I can see that I'm going to have to foot the bill for my hip doctors kids spring break.

I'm kidding. Maybe it is all that. They could do a better job qualifying it. Numbers is good. More numbers and a baseline is more gooder.

The guy in the vid says that "this is not a toy, it's a serious product". Yaah, a serious product you named Love Jugs Spanky.

·
Premium Member
13,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I love 'em tall, I love 'em small, I love 'em all. :D
I'm quoting myself now because I left two important things out.

I love 'em fun and willing!

Moral of the story is good women ROCK!

·
Registered
101 Posts
She looks REALLY smart! Must be working her way thru college:ltr:

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
oil again

oil um up for sure, use redline ester oil! it runs cooler + handles all the FRICTION!!! created!!!!! big is nice when young but when old gravity takes over!!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Would you use a part, or full synthetic oil on them?:ltr:

·
Registered
251 Posts
I thought heat in a motor is good ! Running the oil to cool could damage the jugs ?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 23 Posts