Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought I share a recent story about my service at WCW:

Bought my ride from WCW- Werner Cycle Works (Omaha, NE) last August. I'm not the wrench that many of you are so I'm content to let them do the maintenance when it's time. My wife bought me a couple of chrome gifts to dress up my '13 XC. One was very easy to put on, one not so much. I decided to let WCW install the harder of the two after I realized that I would need to drop the exhaust to install.

Called WCW one day when I had my bike in Omaha. Told them what I needed done and why. They thought it would take them 1/2 hour shop time to install ($80 per hour). When I pulled up to the shop, Mike, the head mechanic, came out to take a look. He said no problem, give me a few minutes and I'll get the bike right back to you. First, I was impressed that Mike was going to install it. Second, he rolled the bike right into the shop and went to work even though I called 10 minutes earlier.

Twenty minutes later Mike came into the showroom, where I was looking at the Gunner, and handed me my key. When I said that I needed to settle up, he said, "no worries, happy to install the gift your wife gave to you." When I asked if I could give him some money and buy him lunch, he refused. Just said, thanks for buying your bike at WCW and hopefully you will come back in the future.

If you are in this part of the world and need a Vic shop to look at your bike, don't hesitate to pull into WCW. I know that many times we will post our unhappiness with a dealer or merchant...thought I share a happy story.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Atta Boy!

You are right, It is nice to hear a good one. Maybe the other dealers will pull up there socks a littlecheers

·
Registered
66 Posts
I bet you're going to spend a lot more money there now. His small investment is going to pay off. Amazing how well this marketing plan can work. Thanks for sharing that story!thumb up

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
That, right there, is the way it should be done. Not to the point of expectation, but beyond it. Well played, WCW.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Thanks for sharing! I know many dealerships have people look at the forums and Facebook. If getting blasted won't make the weak ones change, maybe knowing that others are doing old school customer first service will get their attention.

Keep spreading the word about your great experience at Werner Cycle Works in Omaha, NE!

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bet you're going to spend a lot more money there now. His small investment is going to pay off. Amazing how well this marketing plan can work. Thanks for sharing that story!thumb up
You're absolutely right that I will return to WCW for service and if I'm looking for a new ride in the future. Very fortunate to have this dealer within 20 minutes of my house and 10 minutes from work! I have 3 Victory dealers within 45 minutes of my house, so I have choices if I needed.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Got it. WCW, Omaha. I'll make it a point to find a reason to clear the cobwebs out of my coin purse next time I'm in town.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts