Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was sick of my tailbone and rear as a whole hurting after only 30 minutes of riding with the stock seat. I read a lot of reviews on seats but everything kept bringing me back to the Mustang seat.

Now, I emailed them to see which would work on the HB.. they said none. Yet others said they installed the vintage no problem.

I decided to get this one from Dennis Kirk:
https://www.denniskirk.com/455300.sku

Even though their site also said it wouldn't fit, all my reading lead me to believe that if it fits on the Vegas, it should fit on the HB.

I got it and you know what.. it fit. It was tight, but it worked. Even the passenger part worked fine (it's HUGE compared to the stock victory passenger seat). My wife will enjoy that I bet.

Anyhow, went for a ride yesterday. I didn't want to stop. After 2 hours I had a little tingling but that's about it. I easily could have went through a tank of gas, only needing a small stretch to get all the blood going as well.

I also have the Vegas peg mounts which move the pegs down and forward. The seat seems to put you a little higher and further back. I found this (or the comfort) gave me greater stability in corners and I felt like I had more confidence around corners at speed.

Also, I noticed with the stock seat my legs always wanted to open up from the wind... like I was doing a constant thighmaster squeeze. Not with this new Mustang seat.

My stats... 6'3" 250lbs

Anyhow, just thought I'd share. Love the seat even if no one says it will fit. :)

·
Registered
190 Posts
I was sick of my tailbone and rear as a whole hurting after only 30 minutes of riding with the stock seat. I read a lot of reviews on seats but everything kept bringing me back to the Mustang seat.

Now, I emailed them to see which would work on the HB.. they said none. Yet others said they installed the vintage no problem.

Even though their site also said it wouldn't fit, all my reading lead me to believe that if it fits on the Vegas, it should fit on the HB.

I got it and you know what.. it fit. It was tight, but it worked. Even the passenger part worked fine (it's HUGE compared to the stock victory passenger seat). My wife will enjoy that I bet.

Anyhow, went for a ride yesterday. I didn't want to stop. After 2 hours I had a little tingling but that's about it. I easily could have went through a tank of gas, only needing a small stretch to get all the blood going as well.

I also have the Vegas peg mounts which move the pegs down and forward. The seat seems to put you a little higher and further back. I found this (or the comfort) gave me greater stability in corners and I felt like I had more confidence around corners at speed.

Also, I noticed with the stock seat my legs always wanted to open up from the wind... like I was doing a constant thighmaster squeeze. Not with this new Mustang seat.

My stats... 6'3" 250lbs

Anyhow, just thought I'd share. Love the seat even if no one says it will fit. :)
I have the Mustang seat on my Kingpin and have the same thoughts as you regarding the outcome. A tank of gas isn't a problem to sit through.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I replaced the stock seat on my HB with a Mustang as well. Huge difference in comfort but the luggage rack would not longer fit. I am waiting for one that will work with the Mustang seat but I have not seen anything yet. 50 miles was plenty on the stocker but I can run a tank out no problem with the Mustang.

·
Registered
640 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
How about a couple pictures

My arse seems to fit my stock fine and go for hrs
Still wondering if it might feel even better with another seat.

QUOTE=legbuh;931369]I was sick of my tailbone and rear as a whole hurting after only 30 minutes of riding with the stock seat. I read a lot of reviews on seats but everything kept bringing me back to the Mustang seat.

My stats... 6'3" 250lbs

Anyhow, just thought I'd share. Love the seat even if no one says it will fit. :)[/QUOTE]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts