Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have problems with filler neck in gas tank? Seems like frame back bone blocks fuel when filling, splashes out, have to fill very slow. Also, when is Victory going to move cruise and audio control to the brake and clutch perch.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Fill it from the left side of the bike. (as if sitting on the bike) You have to reach across the tank, but can let it roll. Just another thing that was poorly thought out. I can live with the cruise and radio after getting used to it.
You'll find several other annoying traits. Hey it is comfortable and can haul my big buns and mommas cute buns, with the kitchen sink across the country, so I guess it is a decent trade off.

Cheers

·
Registered
136 Posts
When I first got the bike it was empty. Dealer gave me 20 bucks to fill it up. Tried filling from the right side and like you it started to splash when I attempted to fill it. Tried from the left side way better.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Get Use To It

Fill it from the left side of the bike. (as if sitting on the bike) You have to reach across the tank, but can let it roll. Just another thing that was poorly thought out. I can live with the cruise and radio after getting used to it.
You'll find several other annoying traits. Hey it is comfortable and can haul my big buns and mommas cute buns, with the kitchen sink across the country, so I guess it is a decent trade off.

Cheers
Really is a great bike!!! Yep, getting use real quick to cruise and audio. This was one thing that sold me on Victory was how quickly I acclimated to the bike. I have always stayed in the saddle while refueling. Give's new meaning to phrase, "Splash and Dash".

·
Registered
827 Posts
Victory and the dealership should warn you about the hunk of metal inside the tank. I think the gas tank was the last piece that went on the bike.

·
Premium Member
13,709 Posts
I find the X bikes to be the most easy to fill of all the bikes I've had. Stand on the left put nozzle in straight down and let her rip.

I did find it easier to fill past the nozzle lip once I drilled a hole on the right side of it to let the air escape. Gotta be careful with that because you can fill it too much and once the bike is straight up again; it will leak out the overflow if it was over filled too much. I only do that when I know I'm be riding for at least 20 miles or so. More if it's hot out.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just point the nozzle from the left front shooting back towards the right rear corner of the tank and let it rip!
Thanks, Great tip. I read others say angle gas nozzle from left to right will miss the frame back bone.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Really is a great bike!!! Yep, getting use real quick to cruise and audio. This was one thing that sold me on Victory was how quickly I acclimated to the bike. I have always stayed in the saddle while refueling. Give's new meaning to phrase, "Splash and Dash".
Best way to fill er up is from about the 7 O clock position. Sitting on the bike while filling is dangerous if you spill gas and it were to catch fire from the hot exhaust. She's a great bike that is for sure!!

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
I agree, it is a pain to fill, slow and steady is how I do it, this is the worst bike I have had for filling, but the best bike I have had, I think they should just leave the bottom of the filler neck open and not have the little hole.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts