Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've done the cheap mods (1 1/8 hole in mufflers and performance air filter) and added a PCV from Fuelmoto. Their maps or very good for HDs, but the map that came with it is the generic map for a stock Vision.

I tried the map someone submitted that had these mods and was updated by Autotune. I'm getting some popping with this map.

Anyone using one of the other maps from PC with good results?
Thanks, Mike

·
13,026 Posts
Try unhooking your 02 sensors and see how it runs.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Ok...I am really curious as to why you would unhook the 02's with the PCV I asked the guys this at FUEL MOTO and they were shocked someone would do that.......just asking and learning

THX

When you install a PCV you unhook the O2 sensors. I already had a set of plugs so I removed them completely.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is step 19 of the install;

19 Locate the front and rear O2 sensors. The rear O2 sensor can be seen in Figure K. Unplug both sensors from the stock wiring harness. The sensors will no longer be connected to anything when using the PCV. They can be removed from the exhaust is desired.

I think FM was confused what you were asking. Even on my Harley the O2's are not connected. The only thing that connects to O2 sensors is Autotune and that is with the Bosch wide-band ones that come with AT.

I consider Fuelmoto to be the best there is when it comes to HD's, but they will tell you they are not into Victorys.

As an update, I installed map 004 of the Vision maps today. Didn't get much popping but didn't seem to be as strong as the map I downloaded from the thread here. The temp here today is 105 so I don't expect too much. Dash temp showed 113 on hwy at 70 mph
Mike

·
Registered
152 Posts
I hope mine works well like the ones on my HD's

Closest dyno tuner is not into the vic's eiether On the HD's I woned they were plug n play from Jamie at Fuel moto.

Mine is due to arrive today and I leave Fri am for a 7 day run

My stage 1 pops a bit now as it is.

·
Registered
12,238 Posts
Didn't want to start a new thread, so I'll slip this in here....
I just did a 1200 miler as I did this time last year. The difference is the bike was stock last year and during the winter I drilled the muffler baffles with a 1-1/8" hole saw and disconnected the O2 sensors. Last year I got 50 mpg and this year the mileage dropped a bit to 46 - 47 mpg. I knew there would be a drop, as deleting the O2 sensors makes for richer running, but I'm pleased that it wasn't too dramatic. Just thought you'd like to know about this apples to apples comparison. A seat of the pants guestamate tells me there's no loss in power.

·
Registered
520 Posts
You guys are missing the best and cheapest bang for the buck mod. There's a restrictive rubber strip that mounts under the tank and in front of the air cleaner, remove it.

·
Registered
383 Posts
You guys are missing the best and cheapest bang for the buck mod. There's a restrictive rubber strip that mounts under the tank and in front of the air cleaner, remove it.
Give them time. Eventually they'll take the training wheels off, then maybe, just maybe, ride a bit faster.

·
Registered
12,238 Posts
That's coming off the next time I need to remove my tank. Too lazy to lift the tank just for that. :ltr:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts