Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have recomendations on a sub-$100 jack? I would prefer scissor style as I have extremely limited space to store the jack.

Looking to use it for air ride and shorter kickstand installation

·
13,254 Posts
did you look on craigslist os sears or fleet farm or harbor freight

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did you look on craigslist os sears or fleet farm or harbor freight
I'm looking for recomendations from Victory owners.. thus the reason for asking on this forum.

·
Registered
12,321 Posts
Check out the one your dealer's shop uses and ask where they got it. Its unlike the others mentioned above. You might have to shell out over $100, but it will be worth it to have a substantial jack for that expensive bike.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I've got the Sears motorcycle jack. Holds 1500 pounds and was $129. You can find them on craigslist around 80 or so.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts

·
Registered
12,321 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've got this one and it works well for my hammer, though I'm not raising and lowering it very often.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-WIDOW-1100-LB-MOTORCYCLE-CENTER-JACK-LIFT-HOIST-STAND-BW-1604A-/291076293641?pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&hash=item43c57fc409&vxp=mtr

I use a couple pieces of wood on the ends that stretch along the frame rails and it holds solid since the bottom of my engine isn't perfectly flat.

I also built a solid U shaped dolly out of 4x4's, bracing, bolts, and 300lb wheels that slips around the jack perfectly so I can jack the bike up, slide under my dolly, lower the bike onto the dolly, and move the bike around in my garage if needed. I also leave it like this for storage if I know I won't be riding for a while.

·
Registered
12,321 Posts
I've got this one and it works well for my hammer, though I'm not raising and lowering it very often.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-WIDOW-1100-LB-MOTORCYCLE-CENTER-JACK-LIFT-HOIST-STAND-BW-1604A-/291076293641?pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&hash=item43c57fc409&vxp=mtr

I use a couple pieces of wood on the ends that stretch along the frame rails and it holds solid since the bottom of my engine isn't perfectly flat.

I also built a solid U shaped dolly out of 4x4's, bracing, bolts, and 300lb wheels that slips around the jack perfectly so I can jack the bike up, slide under my dolly, lower the bike onto the dolly, and move the bike around in my garage if needed. I also leave it like this for storage if I know I won't be riding for a while.
That one looks a lot like the ones Vic service departments use. It has a larger platform.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Agreed on the second one. The first was simply an example of style. Prob should have said that. Sorry. Usually I use my jack when bike is up on my handy lift. I have used it a couple time though by itself.

·
Registered
90 Posts
try this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1100-LB-Motorcycle-Dirt-Bike-ATV-Scissor-Center-Jack-Mini-Lift-Crank-Floor-Stand-/360813404727?pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&hash=item540227a237&vxp=mtr

I have one very similar that I got when I bought my direct lift years ago. Sold the lift but kept the jack. Comes in real handy.
That one is very similar to the one I use with my Direct Lift. The two legs lift on the frame and it is very stable. Of course you only lift one end of the bike at a time.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Thats why i chose that one for an example.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts